Has anyone else been charged for their Surface Pro 2 pre order?

squadz

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
For some reason, my preorder for the Type Cover 2 was changed to the Touch Cover 2.. and it says it shipped.

Sigh, FYI check your orders.

NicHopperUK

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
The money has gone from my account, available balance has changed but I still have an "in process" status. It says my cover will ship by the 21st and the Surface Pro 2 by the 22nd. Hopefully I'll get some sort of tracking details soon. Has anyone in the UK got the tracking details for anything yet?

NicHopperUK

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
I just got a tracking code email from Microsoft for my Surface Pro 2 and Type Cover 2. The tracking code doesn't register just yet with UPS who are delivering it but it's on it's way at least.

jakepi1

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
My tracking number now says "A UPS shipping label has been created. Once the shipment arrives at our facility, the tracking status--including the scheduled delivery date--will be updated." At least it has a destination of "WI" and it was shipped Next Day Air saver.

elysm1

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
My tracking number now says "A UPS shipping label has been created. Once the shipment arrives at our facility, the tracking status--including the scheduled delivery date--will be updated." At least it has a destination of "WI" and it was shipped Next Day Air saver.

Mine says the same thing.

OliverK

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site
I also got a shipment notice from Microsoft for my Surface Pro 2. It seems to suggest delivery tomorrow but we will see.

However even more exciting is the fact that my purple type cover and touch cover 2 have also shipped from PC world and those were not even available on the UK Microsoft store to order.

tumahler

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
I ordered Sep 24 (US) from the online Microsoft Store. I just received by UPS tracking number by email. The tracking number isn't in the UPS systems yet.

Rodney Mullins

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
I preordered a Surface Pro 2 and a Type cover 2 on September 27th 2013. I was excited to be getting this product for use in my college study?s. Watching closely for information on the Surface Pro 2 I noticed that shipping was going to be delayed if you didn't order soon. Concerned I called back to Microsoft to confirm that my product was going to ship on the 21st. On the 18th and 19th I was informed that my order had been canceled.. I had the funds in my bank and my bank confirmed that Microsoft had not attempted to charge me they just canceled my order. I spent hours on the phone to resolve this only to be told id have to order again and wait till the 15th of December. This was unacceptable. So I am returning the screen protector and the carrying case I bought as well. Very bad customer support I will never order with Microsoft again.:angry:

Woods11

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
I'm jealous that your orders have gone through.
. Hey, I also ordered from Futureshop in Canada, and got a notification that the Surface 2 has been shipped through Canada Post. However I received my notification at around 5:00pm so dont have your hopes down, just keep checking because I'm sure it will ship today as well.

russmov

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
. Hey, I also ordered from Futureshop in Canada, and got a notification that the Surface 2 has been shipped through Canada Post. However I received my notification at around 5:00pm so dont have your hopes down, just keep checking because I'm sure it will ship today as well.

I got an email this morning at about 3 am saying there was unable to process. :angry: I'm just going to head there this morning and see if I can't get one.

whatup12

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Woohooo!

I am travelling, but came to my office and wife is going to bring it when we meet...

Attachments

• WP_000630.jpg
    WP_000630.jpg
    375.2 KB · Views: 7

rei miyasaka

Apr 18, 2013
Visit site
Nope, pre-order cancelled. Bank suspected fraud. Not available until December 15.

Seriously, isn't it common practice to ask the customer for confirmation or at least ask for another billing option? Microsoft, wtf?

vipkl

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
I'm in the USA. Have 2 pre-orders placed 9/24 (both for 256GB). Supposed to have shipped Oct 21, but order status online for both still say "In process". Just got an email a few hours ago for one of the orders, stating:

"Unfortunately, we were unable to ship your pre-order xxxxxxxxxxx because your credit card company could not authorize your order for purchase. We have not canceled your order, and continue to hold your Surface for you.

In order to complete your order to purchase your Surface, you will need to provide another credit card for authorization between Friday, October 25th and Sunday, October 27th. We will email you by the end of the week with a link to update your payment information. If we don't hear from you in this window, we can no longer hold your order, but you can place another for future delivery.

We apologize for any inconvenience this might cause. If you have any questions, please call us at 877-696-7786 so we can help."

I checked my CC online but did not see any attempted or pending charges from Microsoft, strange. So I called the above number and the Indian woman who answered said the CC-declined problem is happening to *everyone* and they're getting a lot of calls from customers, but that she can't do anything and I just have to wait for the email to update the order payment. Strangely she said I don't even have to use a different CC, I can just re-enter the same CC to be re-submitted again?? At least she kept saying that I won't lose my place in line, we'll see if that's true...

What's going on here, did Microsoft switch to some new 3rd-party (or off-shore) order billing company that's causing all these problems?

rei miyasaka

Apr 18, 2013
Visit site
I'm in the USA. Have 2 pre-orders placed 9/24 (both for 256GB). Supposed to have shipped Oct 21, but order status online for both still say "In process". Just got an email a few hours ago for one of the orders, stating:

"Unfortunately, we were unable to ship your pre-order xxxxxxxxxxx because your credit card company could not authorize your order for purchase. We have not canceled your order, and continue to hold your Surface for you.

In order to complete your order to purchase your Surface, you will need to provide another credit card for authorization between Friday, October 25th and Sunday, October 27th. We will email you by the end of the week with a link to update your payment information. If we don't hear from you in this window, we can no longer hold your order, but you can place another for future delivery.

We apologize for any inconvenience this might cause. If you have any questions, please call us at 877-696-7786 so we can help."

I checked my CC online but did not see any attempted or pending charges from Microsoft, strange. So I called the above number and the Indian woman who answered said the CC-declined problem is happening to *everyone* and they're getting a lot of calls from customers, but that she can't do anything and I just have to wait for the email to update the order payment. Strangely she said I don't even have to use a different CC, I can just re-enter the same CC to be re-submitted again?? At least she kept saying that I won't lose my place in line, we'll see if that's true...

What's going on here, did Microsoft switch to some new 3rd-party (or off-shore) order billing company that's causing all these problems?

I never got such an email... in fact, when I called, they had to do some digging before they even realized that my order was cancelled. By then it was too late.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte