AnandTech | Microsoft Surface Pro 2 Review

Microsoft Surface Pro 2 review | The Verge

Microsoft Surface Pro 2 Review - Watch CNET's Video Review

Microsoft Surface Pro 2 review: a tablet that works best as a laptop

I kind of agree with Anand, and Engadget, please do not use that girl...

Overall, it is a great machine. The battery life is passable and could be better, but that might be due to the high screen brightness..
    Last edited by chfhyh; 10-21-2013 at 12:19 AM.
    10-20-2013 11:42 PM
    Cool, thanks! Off to read. Really aiming for my first Surface this year, hopefully these will help me decide.
    10-21-2013 12:05 AM
    Wow, I only scanned the verdicts/ conclusions (I'll read all later) and dont see a single review raving about the device...really give the reader an impression the device cannot be used as a proper laptop...compared more as a tablet than portable PC.
    10-21-2013 06:54 AM
    Most of the reviews focus on the term "too many compromises to be used fully in each tablet or laptop"...i dont get this. Is the Laptop compromise thats its not as comfortable on your lap because of its design? We get it, the device is heavier than an iPad or Surface 2...so thats why its not as practical as a tablet i guess. But the laptop part is throwing me off, since they are rating the device super fast, faster than most of the ultrabooks on the market. Based on that, the device delivers on PERFORMANCE...isnt that a big benefit? All the reviews are very sided, many excellent comments about the device but the results in the end dont match the scores given. Very confusing, all the technical reviews aren't being clear enough on their terms or something.
    10-21-2013 10:20 AM
    Honestly, I think most of the reviews are quite spot on. The surface pro 2 is kind of like surface pro 1.5, just like Apple and Intel tick/tock approach. I personally wish MS tried harder. The reviews do give credit for having a full blown win 8 pro in a portable form factor, but it is not the perfect device. It is pretty hard to review the surface pro, since the pro is trying to battle on two fronts, tablet and ultrabook. The Verge said it, there are better tablets and better ultrabooks.

However, for some people, who values the portability and versatility of Surface Pro, there is really not a better choice right now on the Market. Cannot wait to receive mine. ^_^

Most of the reviews focus on the term "too many compromises to be used fully in each tablet or laptop"...i dont get this. Is the Laptop compromise thats its not as comfortable on your lap because of its design? We get it, the device is heavier than an iPad or Surface 2...so thats why its not as practical as a tablet i guess. But the laptop part is throwing me off, since they are rating the device super fast, faster than most of the ultrabooks on the market. Based on that, the device delivers on PERFORMANCE...isnt that a big benefit? All the reviews are very sided, many excellent comments about the device but the results in the end dont match the scores given. Very confusing, all the technical reviews aren't being clear enough on their terms or something.
    10-21-2013 11:46 AM
    Honestly, I think most of the reviews are quite spot on. The surface pro 2 is kind of like surface pro 1.5, just like Apple and Intel tick/tock approach. I personally wish MS tried harder. The reviews do give credit for having a full blown win 8 pro in a portable form factor, but it is not the perfect device. It is pretty hard to review the surface pro, since the pro is trying to battle on two fronts, tablet and ultrabook. The Verge said it, there are better tablets and better ultrabooks.

However, for some people, who values the portability and versatility of Surface Pro, there is really not a better choice right now on the Market. Cannot wait to receive mine. ^_^
    Since I dont own the Pro or RT, being on the outside has left me confused. I understand, the device is not the perfect Ultrabook replacement or Tablet replacement. As a consumer who has slightly used a Pro at the BestBuy kiosk, if i knew nothing about the Surface Pro (I've done my research so i know what i need/want) i wouldn't consider the device because the final impression im left with is the device is a mirage of things but doesn't do anything very well. From my prospective, the device should be labelled as a very good Laptop (fine, remove "Ultrabook") and an average tablet...so at least as a consumer i would know its more a PC than a tablet...because in the end thats the way i see it (even if the keyboard is sold separately).

My point is anyone reading the reviews that maybe went to a local electronics store, thought the Pro/2 was super cool and wanted some more details on it will be left more confused. I dont find the device that much of a fiasco/mess...but it comes out of the reviews that way. And thats a big reason why it wont sell, being compared to iPads by professional tech sites or labelled as a machine of messy compromises. Or maybe i just think there's so many amazing technologies out today and we should embrace them for what they're, rather than knock things that stray from the norm.
    10-21-2013 12:45 PM