ANOTHER BAD REVIEW FROM CNET-Surface Pro 2

SwimSwim

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
CNET pisses me off, but I feel this whole charade is getting old. We all know how awful CNET is in their bias, why should we all give ourselves migraines over it?

Nothing against you, and I've have my fair share of rants against them, but it's just so painfully obvious they feed out of Apple's lap, and no amount of complaints we make, or protests we put up will change that. Just let them continue with their "news" and that'll be that. If they're really off, just calmly post how the info in article is wrong, and just prepare yourself to be bombarded by Apple fanatics.

I've just grown bored of CNET, I've accepted how crappy of a news source. Hell, they once posted some info wrong in favor of the Surface Pro, but I dropped a comment telling them it was wrong, simply because the fact it wasn't accurate bugged me. CNET is an iffy news source, and it's going to be for some time. As I said before, no use in getting migraines over it...

SwimSwim

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
what bothers me more is the comments

Why else do they post such Apple-biased articles and reviews? Their base consists of Apple fans, so keeping them happy is how they make money. Just like how you're unlikely to see an article on the front page of WPC about how Google Docs kicks SkyDrive's ***. That would incite great riot in the WPC community, and wouldn't bode well for WPC in terms of image and revenue.

The customer is always right, and since most CNET readers are pro-Apple, CNET is going to be sure to keep them happy.

chfhyh

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
Know how you feel ^_^.

It is ok, let them have their fun. I received two iPads as gifts and have them for a while now. They do a OK job, but they are nothing like Surface Pro. I really really hate the safari browser on iPads, pure junk...

Why else do they post such Apple-biased articles and reviews? Their base consists of Apple fans, so keeping them happy is how they make money. Just like how you're unlikely to see an article on the front page of WPC about how Google Docs kicks SkyDrive's ***. That would incite great riot in the WPC community, and wouldn't bode well for WPC in terms of image and revenue.

The customer is always right, and since most CNET readers are pro-Apple, CNET is going to be sure to keep them happy.

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
The only thing that needs to be said is this: The already proved they based their opinions on what CBS wants. That is an undeniable fact. My guess is that the extra hate toward MS is based on CBS trying to appear unbiased with all the MS product placements in their prime time shows.

chezm

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
"improved battery life and better accessories make it a worthwhile (albeit pricey) laptop replacement, but it's still not an iPad-level category killer"

Lol...i laughed at that last line, wow they really aren't afraid to label their stupidity so easily.

russmov

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
He talks about the surface pro 2 and the fact it hasn't changed appearance on the outside, well neither has the iPad but I guess it isn't the same thing. Because, well, Apple is perfect in everything they do.:eck: What a joke.

Seventhson74

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
I am a tech for a school district and I spend quite a bit of time downloading software to evaluate. It is amazing how often I get sent to download.com. If you didn't know download.com is CNET. After reading this thread I have begun to think that CNET is mostly mad about the Windows Store. I can see that as completely wiping out page views generated by download.com. No longer will they have the ability to create ad filled - money generating pages because MS decided to create that store. Also, the reviews on the apps in the Windows Store will probably be the default opinions that people will use to decide on purchases, much like the App store does for Apple products. When viewed in this light, I can see why they are so biased against Windows. Don't get me wrong, I am not condoning this bias but I do think it puts them in more of a 'crying baby' light then a misguided Apple / Google ****** way.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss