12-27-2013 06:13 PM
27 12
tools
    They are known for not liking the surface's, and especially windows phones. It compares it with the iPad, which drives me crazy. If you want to rage at them, or read/watch the review, here is the link. Be advised.

Microsoft Surface Pro 2 Review - Watch CNET's Video Review
    10-20-2013 11:47 PM
    I though it would just say:

GET A IPAD, DUH! LOOK AT THESE IPADS!
    10-20-2013 11:52 PM
    CNET pisses me off, but I feel this whole charade is getting old. We all know how awful CNET is in their bias, why should we all give ourselves migraines over it?

Nothing against you, and I've have my fair share of rants against them, but it's just so painfully obvious they feed out of Apple's lap, and no amount of complaints we make, or protests we put up will change that. Just let them continue with their "news" and that'll be that. If they're really off, just calmly post how the info in article is wrong, and just prepare yourself to be bombarded by Apple fanatics.

I've just grown bored of CNET, I've accepted how crappy of a news source. Hell, they once posted some info wrong in favor of the Surface Pro, but I dropped a comment telling them it was wrong, simply because the fact it wasn't accurate bugged me. CNET is an iffy news source, and it's going to be for some time. As I said before, no use in getting migraines over it...
    LMZR likes this.
    10-20-2013 11:53 PM
    what bothers me more is the comments
    10-21-2013 12:02 AM
    ....Why would anyone (here anyway) bother to read anything from iCnet anymore?
    gsquared likes this.
    10-21-2013 12:05 AM
    what bothers me more is the comments
    Why else do they post such Apple-biased articles and reviews? Their base consists of Apple fans, so keeping them happy is how they make money. Just like how you're unlikely to see an article on the front page of WPC about how Google Docs kicks SkyDrive's ***. That would incite great riot in the WPC community, and wouldn't bode well for WPC in terms of image and revenue.

The customer is always right, and since most CNET readers are pro-Apple, CNET is going to be sure to keep them happy.
    10-21-2013 12:07 AM
    You know CNET never posted about the Microsoft delta deal? If Apple had a similar deal, CNET would post about it.
    10-21-2013 12:24 AM
    Know how you feel ^_^.

It is ok, let them have their fun. I received two iPads as gifts and have them for a while now. They do a OK job, but they are nothing like Surface Pro. I really really hate the safari browser on iPads, pure junk...

Why else do they post such Apple-biased articles and reviews? Their base consists of Apple fans, so keeping them happy is how they make money. Just like how you're unlikely to see an article on the front page of WPC about how Google Docs kicks SkyDrive's ***. That would incite great riot in the WPC community, and wouldn't bode well for WPC in terms of image and revenue.

The customer is always right, and since most CNET readers are pro-Apple, CNET is going to be sure to keep them happy.
    10-21-2013 12:25 AM
    The only thing that needs to be said is this: The already proved they based their opinions on what CBS wants. That is an undeniable fact. My guess is that the extra hate toward MS is based on CBS trying to appear unbiased with all the MS product placements in their prime time shows.
    10-21-2013 12:41 AM
    Stop feeding the CNETrolls guys.
    Reflexx likes this.
    10-21-2013 06:36 AM
    "improved battery life and better accessories make it a worthwhile (albeit pricey) laptop replacement, but it's still not an iPad-level category killer"

Lol...i laughed at that last line, wow they really aren't afraid to label their stupidity so easily.
    10-21-2013 06:47 AM
    You know CNET never posted about the Microsoft delta deal? If Apple had a similar deal, CNET would post about it.
    Actually they did. I think it was on CNET update too.
    10-21-2013 07:04 AM
    Actually they did. I think it was on CNET update too.
    I meant in an article.
    10-21-2013 08:22 AM
    I meant in an article.
    http://m.cnet.com/news/microsofts-su...ilots/57605296
    unstoppablekem likes this.
    10-21-2013 08:28 AM
    Thanks. I'm glad to be proven wrong. I couldn't find it, so I was quick to assuming.
    10-21-2013 08:36 AM
    Thanks. I'm glad to be proven wrong. I couldn't find it, so I was quick to assuming.
    It's all good
    10-21-2013 08:40 AM
    He talks about the surface pro 2 and the fact it hasn't changed appearance on the outside, well neither has the iPad but I guess it isn't the same thing. Because, well, Apple is perfect in everything they do. What a joke.
    10-21-2013 09:10 AM
    The fact you all still visit this publication leads to believe you just like the drama.
    SwimSwim likes this.
    10-21-2013 09:24 AM
    I am a tech for a school district and I spend quite a bit of time downloading software to evaluate. It is amazing how often I get sent to download.com. If you didn't know download.com is CNET. After reading this thread I have begun to think that CNET is mostly mad about the Windows Store. I can see that as completely wiping out page views generated by download.com. No longer will they have the ability to create ad filled - money generating pages because MS decided to create that store. Also, the reviews on the apps in the Windows Store will probably be the default opinions that people will use to decide on purchases, much like the App store does for Apple products. When viewed in this light, I can see why they are so biased against Windows. Don't get me wrong, I am not condoning this bias but I do think it puts them in more of a 'crying baby' light then a misguided Apple / Google fanboi way.
    12-20-2013 10:40 AM
    Mystery solved!
    12-20-2013 03:26 PM
    Stop giving them your clicks. The SP2 crushes the iPad in every way, besides battery life and weight. Its just a dumb comparison. Now if they compared it the MacBook Air, that would be a sane comparison. Saying the Ipad is lighter than the SP2 is like me saying my HTC 8x is lighter than the iPad. Well, no ****.
    MBytes and Mr_Urkel like this.
    12-21-2013 07:11 AM
    I am at a loss as to why people continue to insist on posting links to whine about negative reviews of devices. 1) Why do you seem to expect something else from certain organizations? 2) Why do you care? 3) Do people not grasp how laughably counter productive it is to link to such stuff? It pushes up their advertising dollars with every click and also contributes to pushing bad review and Surface Pro 2 up Google's and even Bing's search indexes. Congratulations....
    12-23-2013 08:57 AM
    Ive been thoroughly let down by mine.

Even at this very moment to type this reply... I tap the open box at the bottom of the page. And the keyboard pops up for one tenth a second then goes back down. I have to very quickly tap it before it disappears to be allowed to type this reply.

The new update introduces severe banding in gradients which forces me to check footage I use on a different monitor before editing. Photoshop still gives me a driver crash every time I open it.

Maybe I'm pushing too hard but its not meeting my professionals needs as a PC and its not being as user friendly as a tablet. I wish this hadn't been marketed to people in my field without support. don't even get me started on he pen inaccuracy. No matter how I calibrate I can't reliably draw a line and then confidently trace that line. This machine is rubbish if your going to push it.

I'm sure its fine for typing in word but its no PC replacement. It was so close if it just came through with what it promised.
    randomscandinavian likes this.
    12-26-2013 08:04 PM
    The latest firmware was a huge mess on Microsoft part. Someone screwed up BIIIIIIG time at Microsoft, and they are trying to fix everything. Now they have 2 problems in their hand: Better test the firmware and fix all the bugs to those who didn't upgrade to the now removed firmware, and fix the mess they made to everyone that are currently affected. I hope for them, that by January end, everything is fixed, and people can turn the page, and start enjoying their Surface Pro 2.

Hopefully the team has learned their lesson, and such mistake will never happen again.
    Obviously, such error is unacceptable, don't get me wrong. Perhaps a a different CEO will change things.
    Already, this news: http://bits.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/1...n-system/?_r=0, is already a good step in the right direction, but it takes time to change company culture and mindset.
    12-27-2013 10:29 AM
    The latest firmware was a huge mess on Microsoft part. Someone screwed up BIIIIIIG time at Microsoft, and they are trying to fix everything. Now they have 2 problems in their hand: Better test the firmware and fix all the bugs to those who didn't upgrade to the now removed firmware, and fix the mess they made to everyone that are currently affected. I hope for them, that by January end, everything is fixed, and people can turn the page, and start enjoying their Surface Pro 2.

Hopefully the team has learned their lesson, and such mistake will never happen again.
    Obviously, such error is unacceptable, don't get me wrong. Perhaps a a different CEO will change things.
    Already, this news: http://bits.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/1...n-system/?_r=0, is already a good step in the right direction, but it takes time to change company culture and mindset.
    Buggy firmware updates will happen. Happens to Apple, Google and other companies. To affix blame to Ballmer or company culture is just being anti-Microsoft in this case. It seems that people are holding MS to some ridiculous quality standard that no other company is held to. What's the agenda here? To just spew bile and hate towards this great company?
    12-27-2013 03:16 PM
27 12