10-23-2018 09:27 AM
179 ... 45678
tools
    And also hopmedic, the incipio sleeve I got from Microsoft was only around $18...

Sent NOT from my iPad using Tapatalk
    02-01-2014 08:55 PM
    And also hopmedic, the incipio sleeve I got from Microsoft was only around $18...

I looked it up. I read the reviews, and it sounds like kind of a snug fit, if you try to stick the power supply in there, so I went with something a bit bigger. I wanted to be able to drag the power cable in case I felt like I was going to need it. Thanks for the feedback, though. I appreciate it.
    unstoppablekem likes this.
    02-01-2014 10:30 PM
    I looked it up. I read the reviews, and it sounds like kind of a snug fit, if you try to stick the power supply in there, so I went with something a bit bigger. I wanted to be able to drag the power cable in case I felt like I was going to need it. Thanks for the feedback, though. I appreciate it.
    Ah, I see. If I'm going on a trip or something, I put the power supply in a suitcase, and the surface in the sleeeve. But if I'm just taking it for the day somewhere, my average use gets me far enough, so I don't bring the power supply. I'm glad you like the case you got though. Hope it suits your needs well!

02-01-2014 10:36 PM
    Oh, I forgot if I mentioned this, but if you plan to use the pen a lot, get a screen protector if you have not already.
    The screen isn't scratch proof. It's glass... well it's tempered glass which is actually really easy to scratch, but it's gorilla glass 2, which is supposed to bring the tempered glass back as strong as normal glass. But glass is not scratch proof. It will scratch. Maybe with newly released Gorilla Glass 3 (possibly with the next generation of Surface), it would be stronger to a point where we would not care about it, but so far, I suggest to get one.
    02-02-2014 10:04 AM
    Oh, I forgot if I mentioned this, but if you plan to use the pen a lot, get a screen protector if you have not already.
    The screen isn't scratch proof. It's glass... well it's tempered glass which is actually really easy to scratch, but it's gorilla glass 2, which is supposed to bring the tempered glass back as strong as normal glass. But glass is not scratch proof. It will scratch. Maybe with newly released Gorilla Glass 3 (possibly with the next generation of Surface), it would be stronger to a point where we would not care about it, but so far, I suggest to get one.
    Thanks for the tip. I'm planning on getting a screen protector when I run down to the Microsoft Store to return the "wrong" display adapter. I was planning to do that tomorrow, after work, but at this point I'm not sure if I'll be going to work or not. I was in the ER Sunday morning with a kidney stone, so now I'm sitting here in a Percocet-induced fog.... But yes, I'm going to get a screen protector. Figured I'd buy it there, since I'll be there anyway, and they can put it on better than I can (and replace it if they screw it up).
    02-03-2014 02:39 PM
    Just got a 64GB yesterday as a gift from my wife! (I had always told her if I ever bought one I couldn't justify the 400 for extra drive space and ram for the 256GB and the 128GB was out of stock.)

What to do first...? Well second I already removed the recovery drive.
    Last edited by millerliteboy; 02-25-2014 at 02:11 AM. Reason: Grammer
    HeyCori and hopmedic like this.
    02-24-2014 04:59 PM
    Hai, even i got my Surface Pro 2 today in India,128 Gb one and 1.9ghz but my cousins little daughter scratched its back.
    03-02-2014 02:23 PM
    Hai, even i got my Surface Pro 2 today in India,128 Gb one and 1.9ghz but my cousins little daughter scratched its back.
    It's inevitable. While the magnesium case feels wonderful and looks incredible, but damn is it easy to scratch. Expect plenty more scratches, my friend. They're practically unavoidable. Thankfully, they fade with time, but are still ever present.

Unfortunate, but it comes with the territory.
    raxy21 and Kevin Rush like this.
    03-04-2014 07:47 PM
    How to check battery info in SP2 powercfg thing i have searched for it in charms but didn't get any result help me

Thanks
    03-05-2014 07:13 AM
    How to check battery info in SP2 powercfg thing i have searched for it in charms but didn't get any result help me

Thanks
    Wish I could help, but I've got the exact same problem. :/
    03-13-2014 08:22 PM
    Not sure if it will help, but check out Surface Tweak Tool (my software), it gives you stats about the battery.
    Surface Tweak Tool for Surface Pro 2 - Release!
    Kevin Rush likes this.
    03-13-2014 08:44 PM
    It's inevitable. While the magnesium case feels wonderful and looks incredible, but damn is it easy to scratch. Expect plenty more scratches, my friend. They're practically unavoidable. Thankfully, they fade with time, but are still ever present.

Unfortunate, but it comes with the territory.
    Thank god I'm not alone on this one!! I put my tablet back down on a desk at school, and then slid it across to put it in my bag and it earned a nice big, thin scratch line down the back. Thankfully it does fade a little
    03-13-2014 09:55 PM
    I always put my Surface down where the keyboard is on the table.
    I got used to magnesium body with my previous system. I didn't even put a peace of paper on it.
    03-13-2014 11:51 PM
    Picked up my 128gb surface pro 2 a week ago and loving it. Also picked up the type 2 cover.
    03-15-2014 10:03 AM
    I got one... So much nicer than my SP1. I got a 128gb brand new. My SP1 was a second hand Craig's list deal. Its much nicer knowing I am the only one to use the device. I got mine Thursday it only took about 15 minutes to set up with all my apps and start using it. That's so nice to have all my stuff right there in minutes.
    hopmedic likes this.
    03-15-2014 07:12 PM
    I got my SP2 at launch.. and now I'm selling.
    03-17-2014 05:22 PM
    I got my SP2 at launch.. and now I'm selling.
    Didn't like it?
    03-18-2014 02:11 PM
    Got mine!!!!

Got it with the cyan type cover 2.

I realize the same pictures are nothing new but I can't help myself.

Last edited by Nimdock; 03-21-2014 at 03:09 PM.
    03-18-2014 10:47 PM
    Got mine yesterday! 8GB/256GB edition (finally) now lets pump VMware on it with some VHD's :D
    Awesome how it syncs your files if you add your microsoft account to the device ( photo's / background / apps)
    Wasn't able to score a type cover cyan yet.. going to other shop today! i DID score a microsoft wedge mouse : surface edition!
    Awesome device
    03-19-2014 04:11 AM
    Got mine yesterday! 8GB/256GB edition (finally) now lets pump VMware on it with some VHD's :D
    Awesome how it syncs your files if you add your microsoft account to the device ( photo's / background / apps)
    Wasn't able to score a type cover cyan yet.. going to other shop today! i DID score a microsoft wedge mouse : surface edition!
    Awesome device
    Nice!!! Wanted a 256GB model, just for the extra RAM, but alas... Out of budget.

Still, I absolutely adore my 128GB model: it's served me well since day 1.
    03-19-2014 05:38 AM
    Ah, I was really hoping to use this without a screen protector. I can barely install them on phones I cannot begin to imagine on how to do it on such a big surface. Plus I feel it detracts from the feeling of the screen.
    03-19-2014 06:20 AM
    I never installed screen protectors before, as I never had a device that needed it. However I had great success with mine, expect the first one, but now know the trick.
    I used TechArmor High Defintion (HD) Clear Screen Protector. The pack comes with 2, and it's only 8-9$ US/Canadian, and comes with LifeTime Warranty, which I tried as I had to return my SUrface Pro 2 and order a new one. The company was nice to send me another 2 for free. So, thumbs up for that.

Anyway, the trick as is as follows:
    -> Do the vacuum of your place to remove most of the dust that float in the air as you move. If you live in a house with central air, this might not be needed as central air filters the air for a lower dust environment than living in an apartment with standard heating/air conditioner.
    -> It's easier to put the moment it's out of the box. If it's not, then you'll need to do your best to clean it as new. No streaks or dust must show when the device is off.
    -> Take a shower. There is no point in this, beside making your bathroom humid to have dust particles fall down by the humidity and give you a clean room to work with. If you need to clean the counter top, do so before. Have everything prepares outside of your bathroom, ready to take once you are done with your shower. Do NOT have the device in your shower.
    -> wear clean gloves. If by accident you touch the screen protector, it won't leaves marks which you won't be able to remove easily.
    -> Starting from the top (where the camera is), peel the layer 1 (indicated in the screen protector film) by about ~1 inch (2cm), and apply it. There is no glue on the screen protector. It uses strong electrostatic. It will be like if there was a magnet. so you can remove and put again if you miss. You want t align everything centered. Make sure the alignment if perfect. If it's not, it will really show that you miss when you finish at the end. A 1 degree angle will feel exponential. So seek perfection. This is the most important stage.
    -> Once you got it, peel off the rest of your the film layer 1. and let the film attach.

Once everything is in place. You will notice air bubbles. That is fine. Using the provided card and a nice micro fiber cloth (don't use the provided one, it's too small I find), push away the air bubbles.
    You will now see smaller air bubbles. Those indicates that there is dust under the screen protector. using the provided 4 stickers. Use one to put it on the corner of the screen to peel off the screen protector, and the other as sticky tape to remove the dust particle which will be on the screen protector other device. As you lift the screen protect, expect some additional dust to show up. So it will be a small game of patience. But if you take your time, you should end up with no bubbles The second layer of the screen protector, is there to protect against scratches when you try to remove the dust and air bubbles. So if that scratches, don't worry. And no the screen protector wont' scratch as easily as the above layer protector.

Once you remove the Layer 2 protection on the screen film, you may have dust that comes back (hard to explain why, but when you'll do it you'll get), repeat the dust removal process. but it should not be as bad.

The company provides instruction videos on how to install the screen protector. You want to watch them before installing
    iPhone Screen Protector | How to Install

And that's it. So it's really a small game of patience, especially is you seek perfection and having 0 bubbles.
    Nimdock likes this.
    03-19-2014 07:49 AM
    Thanks for all the good advice!!

It's definitely not new anymore. I have been playing with it already. Can't help it!

For now I have only touched it with my finger tips, no stylus, or fingernails, or anything else.
    03-19-2014 08:46 AM
    The stylus is what will scratch it. All you need is a hard dust particle that get cough with the pen, and now you have a nice rainbow that will appear with no way to remove it, to my knowledge.
    So I would get a screen protector asap.
    03-19-2014 09:17 AM
    Got my SP2 256/8 last week and really loving it so far. No accessories yet.
    03-21-2014 10:36 AM
179 ... 45678