View Poll Results: Do you have issues with your Surface Pro 2?

Voters
61. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

16 26.23%
  • No

45 73.77%
01-24-2014 03:02 PM
160 ... 567
tools
    I think I finally found the answer to my own question. I have a dual-band WiFi router and by splitting it into two different network names I was able to force the Surface Pro 2 to connect to the 5GHz signal instead of the 2.4GHz default. This seems to have cleared up the conflict between the WiFi signal and the Bluetooth headphones and in testing so far I haven't had any buffering problems while streaming music and video. Of course, that's not going to work outside my own home so it would be nice to be able to set the network card on the Surface Pro 2 to default to 5GHz signals when they're available.
    Sounds strange that solution. But it's great that you solved it! I just got a Bluetooth receiver yesterday which I plugged into my living room stereo. So all evening I was streaming music to the SP2 from Spotify through WiFi and through Bluetooth to the stereo. No hiccups or delays whatsoever. All of the music was online since I hadn't downloaded any playlists yet for offline listening.

The Surface even found and connected to my device immediately, which surprised me since it refuses to connect to my Windows 8 phone. In fact I've given up on that one. But Spotify was the important feature to get for me. I'll just leave the Bluetooth settings alone now and never touch them again.
    12-29-2013 03:04 AM
    I brought the surface pro 2 less than 2 weeks ago and the pen has stopped working. i have done all the obvious answers such as restarting, turning it off and on, installing new updates and even calibrating which never worked as it completely does not work and the pen is not being registered. however touch is still working. Can anyone help with my situation as obvious i'm upset about this breaking so soon! thanks in advance
    01-07-2014 03:45 PM
    The pen might be broken or the digitizer.
    I would return the device. If you have a Microsoft Store near by, just bring the tablet itself, and they'll give you a new retail box. You'll end up with 2 pens and 2 charger. If not, return it where you purchase it, and order a new one. I recommend to do a return and buy again, and not an exchange to restart the return period in the case you have very bad luck and it also has a problem.
    01-07-2014 05:08 PM
    So glad to have found your post. I chose Microsoft because I didn't like the idea of Apple ruling the world and also wanting to support an underdog (being Microsoft - not sure if they're aware?).

The surface pro is very difficult to use. I bought one last may and have used it for some recordings (terrible camera) and internet browsing. Adjusting tables in Word is very tedious because the trackpad (?) is difficult to use (waaay to hard to click on the corner of a table). I have been using my 2009 DEC High School issue laptop for much more satisfactory use of MS Word and Excel. Typing is easy and the unit itself is as tough as a Kingswood. This Surface Pro is gonna smash for sure...my iPhone just did...(after that it didn't like my water bottle leaking on it...)
    01-12-2014 04:32 AM
    My initial issue with the Surface, that drove me to this thread is that iTunes is difficult to coordinate with the Surface Pro..
    01-12-2014 04:33 AM
    iTunes is difficult to coordinate with ANY computer...worst program ever.
    01-13-2014 12:09 PM
    Has anyone else noticed that their update history screen isn't updating? The last update date on mine was 12/12/2013.
    01-19-2014 07:24 AM
    iTunes is difficult to coordinate with ANY computer...worst program ever.
    Amen... Apple is praised for making things easy to use, but I've always, always, ALWAYS loathed iTunes... It's trying to do too much at once, and does a poor job of it. Granted, that's an often cited complaint against Window 8, and while there is some credibility to it, at least Windows 8 looks nice. iTunes? Blegh, completely bland, stale and boring....
    01-23-2014 08:06 PM
    Amen... Apple is praised for making things easy to use, but I've always, always, ALWAYS loathed iTunes... It's trying to do too much at once, and does a poor job of it. Granted, that's an often cited complaint against Window 8, and while there is some credibility to it, at least Windows 8 looks nice. iTunes? Blegh, completely bland, stale and boring....
    The big problem, I find, is that while Windows 8 does that in some ways, it is at least fast and responsive. iTunes, at least on PC, feels like you need 50 super computers to run smoothly and in a responsive matter.
    01-23-2014 08:30 PM
    Has anyone else noticed that their update history screen isn't updating? The last update date on mine was 12/12/2013.
    Same here. I've seen other people mention it as well.
    01-24-2014 03:02 PM
160 ... 567