Surface pro 2 docking station vs ?????

Jake52

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I would love to try the Arc mouse but that is a lot of money for a mouse! How does it track on non-hard surfaces? I bought this one a while back and I had to return it...
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B008OEHPP...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUwpUvbUpU2204383
I really wanted to like it but it would skip and lose tracking on something like a couch or anything that wasn't completely solid. It kind of defeats the purpose of having a mouse that you can use anywhere. It also has the touch scrolling which I didn't like at all. Logitech makes the best mice, I'm really surprised they haven't put out a great Bluetooth mouse yet.

hcrick

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
When you've got your Surface docked in the official Surface dock, does the screen stay on?

I haven't tested that specifically, but I seem to remember thinking why is my screen still on several times. I usually max out the power plan when on power. We use direct access at work and if the network goes to sleep, it has to reconnect when powered back on.

There is a hidden power setting on the Surface Pro that can put it to sleep even if you tell it to never go to sleep while on power. The only way to change it is through a registry setting. I am guessing the Surface Pro 2 doesn't have that since it didn't go to sleep on power after a full day at work plugged in.

When connected to your external monitor just swipe in the Charms Bar and tap Devices, there you should be able to turn off the Surface display, mirror the Surface display, or extend the desktop.

jfourman

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
I would love to try the Arc mouse but that is a lot of money for a mouse! How does it track on non-hard surfaces? I bought this one a while back and I had to return it...
Amazon.com: Microsoft Sculpt Touch Mouse: Computers & Accessories
I really wanted to like it but it would skip and lose tracking on something like a couch or anything that wasn't completely solid. It kind of defeats the purpose of having a mouse that you can use anywhere. It also has the touch scrolling which I didn't like at all. Logitech makes the best mice, I'm really surprised they haven't put out a great Bluetooth mouse yet.

I tried tracking on the cushion of my recliner to post this reply. It works fine. I have a Logitech Darkfield Laser mouse that I use when my SP2 is docked on my glass desk. I like it better than the Arc Mouse; but it requires the unifying USB dongle and is not as portable. The Arc mouse won't work on glass like the Darkfield Laser mouse. As I said above, the touch scroll on the Arc Mouse is going to take time to learn; but with all things new, once you use it awhile, you wonder why you thought it was so difficult when you first tried.

Bo

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
I have the MS sculpt BT mouse. Its fully BT and works great with the Surface without the need for a dongle or any other software. The mouse is kinda compact to me and I don't have large hands. It fits well in my pouch pocket along the the charger without adding much bulk.

Bo

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
I have the MS sculpt BT mouse. Its fully BT and works great with the Surface without the need for a dongle or any other software. The mouse is kinda compact to me and I don't have large hands. It fits well in my pouch pocket along the the charger without adding much bulk.

Sorry, I didn't see that you already tried the sculpt mouse.

rocketboy

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I'm using a Logitech V470 Bluetooth mouse I bought a number of years back. Also found an small unused Bluetooth keyboard at work which I've loaned myself. :) Both work fine with the SP2.

Jamse2

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
I have a RavPower 4-port charging station. A great one to save your wall charging space so you don't have to plug in the devices all over your room.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234