Should I get microsoft complete for my sp2

Great deal

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Some banks offer device insurance when you upgrade your account, I pay ?17 a month and 4 devices are covered as well as the extra banking benefits, a lot cheaper than individual insurance.

superb921

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Some banks offer device insurance when you upgrade your account, I pay ?17 a month and 4 devices are covered as well as the extra banking benefits, a lot cheaper than individual insurance.
. Thank you. Yea my credit card offer 1 yr extended warranty in addition to the original manufacturer warranty. However it doesn't cover any accidental damage or spills. Since this is an expensive tablet, I have a fear of dropping it or damage it. Does the Microsoft complete gives you a brand new sp2 or s refurbished one like apple?

MBytes

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
You'll probably get a refurbished. As they are hard to open, and refurbished... expect minor scratches here and there, but the device should be working properly. At worst get a complete casing with the refurbished to hide them. The screen should be fine. It's better a refurbished than no unit. Of course, like any computer sent for replacement, your data won't be transferred to the replacement unit, if you wonder.

The warranty is only 150$ US/Canada if I am not mistaken. A repair out of warranty is ~500$ + shipping cost.
Source: Surface Pro: Broken Windows & Out of Warranty Repair Costs | CRASHCTRL

Neibl

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I got it for my SP2, the coverage is really the best you will see, it covers everything and the service is great. I had it on my Surface RT as well (not as necessary on a ARM tablet). The reason you want this on the SP2 is because, this thing is an ultrabook at heart. Unless you plan on owning it for less than a year and half to two years I'd get it. An ultrabook, especially such a portable one, is far more prone to needing service than an ARM tablet. That is my 2 cents. Good luck!

CrownSeven

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
I had it on my old Samsung Series 7 tablet. Definitely worth it. In my case the digitizer stopped working. So they refunded me the purchase price of the tablet as it was too expensive to repair which I applied to my new SPRO 2. Don't think they do refurbs. Either they'll fix it, give you a new one if its still being made, or credit.

vizagdude

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
I took it on my old SP and the new SP2 as well. For me it's more peace of mind. I don't have to care about putting it in a cage all the time, plus I get to show off my naked SP2 in public when I am using it. If it falls down or cracks something, I'll get a new one. :)

MBytes

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
I think it's something else though. Said something about PC tune up.
While it might be some software that does this... it will just:
- Empty your folder.
- Execute full drive TRIM on the SSD (which Windows 8 does that for you) Or defrag if you are on a HDD.. but this is Surface for TRIM.
- Remove startup programs and Task scheduler startup programs
Like all Tune Up programs. (they do more things, but mostly bogus, so I am not mentioning it)

And that's about it.
Something we all do.. so I am not particularly exited.. a bit more convenient for sure.. but not exciting.

slowboy920

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
How much damage does it have to be in order for Microsoft to be considered damage? For example, if I drop and damage the casing, but still functional.

Jake52

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I'm a little confused about the Microsoft Complete warranty. First, I thought it was only $99 but I guess it's now $150? I just bought a Surface Pro 2 and when I registered it online it says "Standard Warranty: Expires Jan 13, 2015". When I go to buy Microsoft Complete it says...
Plan covers hardware malfunctions and technical support for 1 additional year on top of the manufacturer's warranty. Also covers up to 2 instances of accidental damage during the coverage period.

So does that mean I'll have accidental damage coverage until Jan 13, 2016? I'm trying to figure out if this is better then the Best Buy extended warranty for two years which is $250. They will only even out if I have to replace the device 2 times (50 dollar deductible each time). I don't think the Best Buy warranty has limits, the Microsoft warranty can only be used twice. But then again, if I'm replacing the device more then twice I have some other problems that I have to deal with.

MBytes

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
99$ is the Surface 2
150$ is the Surface Pro 2
You should read the small prints for the BestBuy warranty carefully. Don't assume, it only leads to disappointments.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb