Where can I get the 256 Model, like NOW

garak0410

Jan 8, 2009
Visit site
I am still searching for a 256 GB Surface Pro 2. I have one on pre-order through the Microsoft Store and it still says December 15th. Best Buy still says NOT FOR SHIPPING and my local stores show it unavailable. I did see on Best Buy where some Los Angeles area stores have some. Wonder if I call Best Buy if they could arrange a store transfter?

TigerDirect, PCMall and Staples all show Pre-Order.

There is no Microsoft Store near me.

Is there ANY place to get a 256GB model, now?

PB_H

Banned
Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Call those LA stores and ask but if MS is a pre-order item more than likely those LA Best Buys are wrong.

And where are you: "near me" ?

I just checked every Best Buy from San Francisco to San Diego ( includes all of LA and Orange Co) and at any Best Buy "unavailable"

It's not available YET, period.

You find a Best Buy store in LA that has it I'll ship it to for an extra $100. :wink:

garak0410

Jan 8, 2009
Visit site
Call those LA stores and ask but if MS is a pre-order item more than likely those LA Best Buys are wrong.

And where are you: "near me" ?

I just checked every Best Buy from San Francisco to San Diego ( includes all of LA and Orange Co) and at any Best Buy "unavailable"

It's not available YET, period.

You find a Best Buy store in LA that has it I'll ship it to for an extra $100. :wink:

Yeah, those LA stores already show unavailable. And Staples says Currently Out of Stock..

MBytes

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Why don't drive to BestBuy and buy it there. I see the same thing on my side, but in store they have it. But I am in Canada.
I am just not getting there, as I want my student special, so I have to get it online at Microsoft Store (the closest Microsoft Store is over 5h drive, no traffic)

garak0410

Jan 8, 2009
Visit site
Why don't drive to BestBuy and buy it there. I see the same thing on my side, but in store they have it. But I am in Canada.
I am just not getting there, as I want my student special, so I have to get it online at Microsoft Store (the closest Microsoft Store is over 5h drive, no traffic)

Sorry...I did a nationwide check and at the time, LA stores had them. My local stores (5 of them in the Little Rock area) didn't have any and have never had them. :(

PB_H

Banned
Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
They aren't available and "weren't avaiable at a Best Buy store" I -call them and ask, I did and "Henry" said they
are a preorder item only at this point, stores didn't have them, "the LA stores had it wrong"

PB_H

Banned
Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
I just picked up the 256gb model today at the microsoft store in New Jersey

A photo or it didn't happen :wink:

I called the main Fry's in Sunnyvale CA and they know of none of theirs stores that have any -and they can check nation wide.

Last edited:

superlawyer15

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
A photo or it didn't happen :wink:

I called the main Fry's in Sunnyvale CA and they know of noneof theirs stores that have any -and they can check nation wide.

Do you want a picture of the device or the receipt?
...there's really no need to lie to people I don't know on the internet
they only had 2 left in stock after I got mine ...no 512gb at all

MBytes

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
I think PB-H was joking you with you, hence the ";)" smiley.
It simply means that he was trying to find one and could not, and you were are able to get (ignoring the fact that both of live in different places), so PB-H is "not believing hes/her eyes".
Also, he/she is opening the door to show off your device, from a successful and lucky search. :)

PB_H

Banned
Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Do you want a picture of the device or the receipt?
...there's really no need to lie to people I don't know on the internet
they only had 2 left in stock after I got mine ...no 512gb at all

That's a standard forum joke :wink: no one is saying you are lying, we just want to see this rare beast !

superlawyer15

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
ah I see = )

In any event, if anyone is still interested, they have a few more.
So glad I didn't have to wait until Dec. 15 to get my hands on this thing..

..now only if they would hurry up and release the power cover

garak0410

Jan 8, 2009
Visit site
Here's an update and a strange one at that.

This Surface Pro 2 256GB is for our HR VP. She kind of needs it now and didn't want to wait until December. At the Microsoft Store, we still have the pre order of the Surface Pro 2 256. I went ahead an ordered a first gen Pro 128GB and she was good with that.

I called Microsoft Store and cancelled the Pro 2. I get an email a few hours later saying the dang thing shipped (The Surface Pro 2 256GB model)...so I called to cancel the 128 first gen and they did and same thing...it shipped...geesh...

So, not complaining because we will finally get the Pro 2 and just refuse delivery on the 128 Pro. It seems like their customer service (all in India) couldn't even see that the Pro 2 was shipping today when the day before, they still stood by the December 15th date...

jhoff80

Apr 27, 2003
Visit site
I called the main Fry's in Sunnyvale CA and they know of none of theirs stores that have any -and they can check nation wide.

Sorry about the misinformation then, I was just going by the fact that it's listed on their website as being available for store pickup.

Not that it helps you out there, but there's apparently 7 of them at the Cambridge, MA Microcenter... :D

PB_H

Banned
Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
ah I see = )

In any event, if anyone is still interested, they have a few more.
So glad I didn't have to wait until Dec. 15 to get my hands on this thing..

..now only if they would hurry up and release the power cover
I just picked up the 256gb model today at the microsoft store in New Jersey

I guarantee that if you bought it in NJ it's "hot" off a hijacked truck or it's a good Chinese counterfeit / OE with a MS label made by
hand to "look" like the real thing.

jazzimat

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
Best Buy on Harrison St. in San Francisco has the 256's now at the store. Also the 512's are also available now for shipping. It says leaves warehouse in 1 business day. If anyone is interested.
Best Buy
SAN FRANCISCO CA
1717 HARRISON ST , SAN FRANCISCO , CA 94103
Available now
Pick up 10/31/2013

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo