Erratic pen behavior in ONLY upper left, not just inaccuracy

PandaSPUR

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
So I got my SP2 yesterday, and yea I noticed that it was kinda inaccurate in the corners, but that was ok.
I was still able to do the calibration and it was so accurate everywhere else on the screen, I didnt mind.
Nothing I didnt expect after reading posts around different forums.

But then after I updated my SP2 (firmware + 16 windows updates), my pen got incredibly weird in the upper left corner.
Whenever I point in that area, it wont recognize my taps, and it'll tap on its own.
Basically makes calibration impossible at this point because I can never tap the upper left crosshairs.

I know a lot of people have complained about the inaccuracies, but this seems different.
Any suggestions? :\

MBytes

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
It is normal for Wacom tablets to be inaccurate on corners. That's the downside of the technology.
-> Uninstall the Wacom drivers that you installed
-> Rest calibration
-> Check for updates
-> restart your system.

PandaSPUR

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Never installed the Wacom drivers, its running on whatever it came with.
Already reset calibration.
No updates available.
Restarted a few times.

And its not the inaccuracy that bothers me. Its the fact that it clicks and jumps around if i point the pen in specifically the upper left corner.
EDIT: Damnit its bugging me, its starting to occasionally happen in the upper right corner too.

MBytes

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
I think you have a manufacture error with your unit :/
Sorry I don't have a SP2 yet to help you more, but seeing that you are the only one bring this up, and no reviews mentioned anything about it, I would say that there a defect of some kind.
You could try a refreshing your unit, and see if that helps... but if not....

PandaSPUR

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Hmm yea sounds like I need to do a refresh, and then if it still happens I'll contact microsoft.

I'd be more willing to just exchange for another unit if these were actually in stock >.<

PandaSPUR

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Did a refresh, didnt help.
Did a reset, didnt help.

In fact, by doing the above, I ran myself into other problems (unknown device for "SURFACE COVER TELEMETRY"). Luckily we have an entire thread on that here.

But yea.. gonna contact Microsoft and see what they say. Gotta wait till business hours.
Maybe I'll install the Wacom drivers, I dont mind trading accuracy if it fixes this weird clicking problem.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo