Not loving this thing, and a question

barbaram

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I was just so excited to get my SP2, but...I'm not loving it. Most of the problem, frankly, is crummy. miserable "help". I mean the worst help you can imagine. If you go to the MS sites you are directed to, they all give help (if you can find it) for desktop versions. Really, isn't this their hot new product.

Anyway, my question to you guys, who have been so very helpful in the past: I want to record lectures while taking notes. I would like the recording to show up on a split screen with the note taking app (one note, although I should be able to take notes in word and copy them to one note) I have tried and tried to find the way to do this to no avail. They do show it in their ads so ....

Also, does anyone know of any good one note forums arounds, the MS one doesn't allow you to just scroll through questions. I mean god forbid you should find something interesting. I am very frustrated by this machine.

toddpart

Jul 17, 2004
Visit site
Very simply you just need to snap your camera app on one side of the screen and OneNote, or Word for that matter, on the other and you're good to go. You can hit record on the camera and then take notes as you see fit. Of course, if you're only after audio recording then use the Voice Recorder app instead of camera.

toddpart

Jul 17, 2004
Visit site
Not sure I understand the difficulty with this one...

Open OneNote
Tap Window button to return to Start screen
Open Camera app
Snap OneNote back into screen by sliding in from the left

That's it, three taps and a simple gesture. Did I misunderstand the original question?

Doctor Pork

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
There is also an option in desktop OneNote to add a recording of sound or video which should then in OneNote be synced to the rest of your note taking so that you can see when in the recording that the notes were made. I haven't tried this personally as I guess the point of taking notes is so that I don't have to revisit the entire lecture but be able to skim the important in a matter of minutes. The metro version of OneNote lacks a lot of functionality if you actually use the digitizer and are a more advanced user.

By the way, the best forum for questions like this is probably TabletPC review as it is primarily focused on windows based productivity tablets with active digitizers, unlike pretty much every other forum where people mostly want a giant smartphone to browse the web.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bentecdigital