Zune Software on Surface Pro 2

VineRider

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
I have a grandfathered Zune Pass where I get 10 free songs a month. I just upgraded my Surface Pro to a Pro 2, and have discovered that the Zune software will not run. It's giving me an error that my video driver is not compatible.

Is anyone out there successfully running Zune 4.8 on a Surface Pro 2?

MBytes

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
That's strange... its definitely not a Windows 8.1 issue, 'cause Zune software runs above and beyond on both my laptop and desktop. Although they are both powered by Nvidia graphics.
I don't have a Surface Pro 2 to know. What error are you getting exactly?
Also note that you need to install .NET 3.5 in order to have Zune software to work. Windows 8.1 comes with NT 4.0, despite a higher version, it's not back ward compatible with 3.5, so you need to manually get it.

VineRider

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
I get a message that the video driver is not compatible. Then prompts me to click continue and all you get after that is a black box that never changes. See attached JPG. It must be an issue with the video drivers but was just curious if anyone else has an issue. I have another Windows 8.1 device that is running Zune fine, so it's not an OS problem. Seems related to the Pro 2 as my Pro 1 was just fine.

Capture.JPG

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs