new firmware on the way

cgmonkey

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Just finished chatting to Microsoft support about me type cover showing as an unknown device, he told me there is a long fix or if I can wait until Tuesday there will be new firmware to resolve that and other issues.

VineRider

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
I'm seeing a hardware update tonight in Windows update. anyone else? it's dated 10/24 which is odd as I've already installed that update

Update.... checked again and its gone. must be prepping for tomorrows update

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Just finished chatting to Microsoft support about me type cover showing as an unknown device, he told me there is a long fix or if I can wait until Tuesday there will be new firmware to resolve that and other issues.
My Type Cover 2 showed up as 'Other' and was fixed by a refresh. I do have a Surface though.

sjgore

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
The firmware update just failed for me, or at least it's showing as failed. It restarted about 5 times and appeared to complete successfully, though. When checking for new Windows updates again it says non available. Weird.

cgmonkey

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
mine said failed first time as the power cable popped out and it needed me to keep it connected. it then installed and went through a 5 min setup. you should have noticed that?

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs