Screen Turns Off Immediately After Waking

zariman

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
I have my display off set for 5 minutes. I notice this issue 2-3 times a day. I do not know how to replicate the issue, it just happens when it wants to.

What happens is when I press the power button to wake the device and proceed to do work, the screen would sometimes turn off after 5 seconds or so. When I turn the device back on, the problem is usually fixed, but in rare occasions I've had this sequence happened to me 2-3 times in a row.

I can't remember exactly what the pattern is, but if I I am not wrong, it usually happens when I have OneNote already open and use the pen to try to take notes.

Anybody have a similar problem?

link68759

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
When you have a notification, your screen automatically turns on unless the proximity sensor is blocked.

It sounds like you pull out your phone when you get a text message and press the power button to turn it on- but what you're actually doing is turning it off (and the screen will quickly flash). It will wake up again automatically because there is still a notification... but you probably pressed the power button again, turning it off again.

So if you're pulling your phone out of your pocket when there is a notification, don't press the power button.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
He's not using a phone.
When you have a notification, your screen automatically turns on unless the proximity sensor is blocked.

It sounds like you pull out your phone when you get a text message and press the power button to turn it on- but what you're actually doing is turning it off (and the screen will quickly flash). It will wake up again automatically because there is still a notification... but you probably pressed the power button again, turning it off again.

So if you're pulling your phone out of your pocket when there is a notification, don't press the power button.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
The wake button is hit or miss with me. Ive seen your problem before, but mot as often. There's a lot of people having issues with the power/wake feature.
I have my display off set for 5 minutes. I notice this issue 2-3 times a day. I do not know how to replicate the issue, it just happens when it wants to.

What happens is when I press the power button to wake the device and proceed to do work, the screen would sometimes turn off after 5 seconds or so. When I turn the device back on, the problem is usually fixed, but in rare occasions I've had this sequence happened to me 2-3 times in a row.

I can't remember exactly what the pattern is, but if I I am not wrong, it usually happens when I have OneNote already open and use the pen to try to take notes.

Anybody have a similar problem?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786