Accents on Keyboard?

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
I was wondering if I could put in accents while I'm typing on the type cover. Right now I have to click the on screen keyboard button, and then enter the accent. What do I do?

AccentAE86

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Have you installed the keyboard layout for the language you want to type in? If so, there should be provisions to type all the accents that you want. But if you are looking to type in something like a circonflexe but only have US English keyboard installed, it'll be much harder obviously.

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Have you installed the keyboard layout for the language you want to type in? If so, there should be provisions to type all the accents that you want. But if you are looking to type in something like a circonflexe but only have US English keyboard installed, it'll be much harder obviously.

Yeah, sometimes I want to do French accents. I only have the English keyboard installed.

Joe Acerbic

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Adding an input language is easy in Control Panel - Clock, Language, and Region - Add a language. When you have several languages available, you then get a language selector in the taskbar with keyboard shortcut Windows - Space. Selecting the non-English language changes the keyboard mapping so you need to know where the exotic characters are, though.

Last edited:

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
maybe if you hold a key down on the onscreen keyboard (i just got a boatload of accented "u"s by using the onscreen kb)

but using a hardware kb, i dont think you can easily do it

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo