battery wear problems

muitosabao

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Hi all.
I've had my surface pro for a month, and contrary to what every one says about the battery , mine seems to suck (4, maybe 5h max). We all know it's always very subjective but there's two things that make me think there might be something wrong.
Supposedly Microsoft Surface Pro and Surface Pro 2 battery and power | Recharge Surface Pro the battery should take 2-4h to charge, but mine seems to charge really fast. In 1h usually it goes from below 10 to 100%. Wouldn't complain about that, but maybe there's something wrong?
Second, i installed battery bar and it tells me 46% wear, is this normal after one month? In capacity it tells me 22 452 mWh, is this normal?

I feel something's not right. What do you guys say? Thanks in advance.
(ps: i have all the latest software and firmware updates installed...)

MBytes

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Your battery is completely faulty.

'cause the SP2 is still out of stock, I have to go with an example with my laptop:
The laptop I am using now, has a battery that is 3 years old, been using the battery every single day, wear level is at 42%.
I would return your Surface Pro 2, and order a new one.

VineRider

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
This is a problem with the recent firmware update of this week. I saw this over on the surfaceforums.net site... it tried this and it actually worked. My battery capacity was at 22k and after this, reset back to 44k. My battery percent before doing this was about 88% and after went down to 42%, which is more realistic as I've been on the device all day, on and off.

1. Shut down.
2. Hold vol + and power button for 15 sec. Surface logo may flash etc. but don't let go for 15 sec.
3. Let go of both buttons
4. wait 10 secs.
5. Press power button to start up.

kittengirl

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, this worked for me! I came here because this morning while I've been charging, no charge was actually registering - still showed the 10% warning every time I unplugged. I did this, and now it's showing to be about 75% charged, which is about where it should be based on the time I've been charging. Yay!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb