I have use surface pro 2 for a month and I have 2 big issue.

- Pen: How to use pen to scrolling in browsers ?(chrome, IE) when I use pen to scroll on the browser it just act like a mouse (selecting texts), I want to it to act like a finger touch.

- Electric shock: When I using Pro 2 on heavy tasks or while charging. I laid my pro 2 on my naked leg (I wearing shorts) it shocked my leg so hard that I must quickly put it off.
    Did you guy have that problem?

Thanks in advance.

PS. Anyone could recommend me good apps in Windows store because it got a $25 gift card and dunno where to spend on after a few looking on top paid,
    and a video player app that can use gesture fast forward like MX player in android.
    01-24-2014 10:14 AM
    Ok the electric shock is a story I hear from some people (in person or internet), and happens on all sorts of laptop. I don't know if it's the air that is super dry, or the type of socks that a person wares, or they slide their feet as they walk, or their shows that create static (sock and inside shoe rubbing) as they walk.... I don't know... but it seams to happen on metal computers (including MacBook Pro's), and if it's in plastic... USB ports as they insert something in. Or maybe it's truly faulty.

For the pen, you can get Grab and Drag addonb for Mozilla Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fir...ag/?src=search
    I would suggest to not use Chrome on slow computer or mobile computer. Chrome is very resource intensive, due to it's aggressiveness nature, and has no regard in power efficiency in design. It wants to be the fastest, it doesn't care what, it will be the fastest. That is also why Chrome doesn't support animated PNG's, nor color profiles. IE support color profiles, not animated PNG's.. at leats not yet, as it's still brand new. Animated PNGs goal is to replace gif's. It brings all the advantages of png (high quality image, transparency, full color), with the animation capabilities of GIF's. High speed internet that more and more people have today, also allows for such format (it will obviously be larger in size).

I don't know about Windows 8 Apps... I recently got my Surface Pro 2, didn't get much time to look into apps yet.
    01-24-2014 04:10 PM
    I just bought a new surface pro 2 and initially thought that was just a feature of the coating on the mag casing. I later noticed that it went when not charging so immediately realised it was a low current thing. Some sort of grounding issue on the casing. This is not inherently dangerous for healthy people (I'm still alive :-) ), but I seriously wonder what effect that would have on someone with a pacemaker. Hopefully not dangerous! However in some circumstance's I guess this could be a problem. Would I be liable for someone's death if they picked up my surface (left handed maybe) whilst charging and it stopped their heart..... Extreme end of possibilities I guess but a worry non-the-less. I am in the process of sending it back via MS tech support/ John Lewis (where I bought it) for a replacement as its clear from Googling this issue, that some have and some have not go this problem, ergo I believe its a manufacturing/ batch fault. I will update on progress. That said I love using this device, but very sad that this has happened.
    04-14-2014 01:03 AM
    I've gone through about 8 Surface RT machines and about 5 had this issue; it does appear to be a grounding problem. I had an email back from the Microsoft escalation team saying that this was normal behaviour; which put me off any sort of Surface for a long time. My current RT does not have the same problem so you might need to go through a couple before getting one that is "shock free" :)
    I would suggest testing them in store, if possible, as it means less trips to return the item. I had mine through the UK Microsoft Store and as they never checked before sending whether the problem was still there I got tired, very quickly, of packaging and arranging a new device. One reason why I'll buy a Pro 2 from John Lewis but not from the MS Store again.
    04-23-2014 12:21 PM