Where to best buy a Surface Pro 2

Penecho

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
I was wondering where could i buy a Surface Pro 2 in store? Do Walmart/Bestbuy have the 256GB Version (with the new 4300U CPU) in stock? I wanna buy it in person not have it shipped to me. I will be located in AR (unfortunately no MS store there).

Or would it be better to drive 2-3h to a MS store in OK?

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
I buy most of my electronics at Best Buy. They will be able to fill that order and most towns have a Best Buy. The Best Buy warranty is one of the best in the business.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Dave, I'm glad you like Best Buy, but after the experience I had with the Geek Squad several years back, I swore I would never touch that warranty again. It was Just. Plain. Bad.

NokFromApp

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Dave, I'm glad you like Best Buy, but after the experience I had with the Geek Squad several years back, I swore I would never touch that warranty again. It was Just. Plain. Bad.

Best Buy has changed ever since they changed CEOs last year. So give them a try. I still don't buy any Geek Squad services or extended warranties. Those are a waste. If you want extended warranty, buy a squaretrade card from Costco or something.
Also try Staples. You might get some $$ off if you buy online. If you go to the product detail page for the Surface, you should see a discount pop up (black box) that is valid for 20 minutes. If it doesn't show then, try a different browser or try private mode
I still buy at Best Buy though

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
The only purchase I've made at Best Buy since 2007 was the Lenovo Yoga 11S that my wife has, and that was only because that was the only place that I could find selling the 11S with the i5 Haswell - it wasn't even on Lenovo's site.

I have a Fry's that I drive past twice a day, and a Tiger Direct that is 15 miles up the highway the other direction. I have no reason to go into a Best Buy unless for an exclusive item, like the i5 Haswell Yoga 11S.

JaiMento

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
I buy most of my electronics at Best Buy. They will be able to fill that order and most towns have a Best Buy. The Best Buy warranty is one of the best in the business.

I'm pretty sure, though, that only a few select Best Buy locations will carry the 256GB model in store. So I would highly advise TC to call his local Best Buy(s) first, before making the trip.

fitchalcyone

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
From an older thread, this was my take on it:

For me personally, I chose Best Buy over Microsoft this time in respect to the loyalty/rewards program that Best Buy offers. Not sure if you know about the details, but you essentially get a percent of your purchase back in certificates that you can use on just about anything when you earn at least $5 worth of points. In the upper tiers, you can opt to save your points up for when you want to use them, and this is one thing I really like. I'm currently sitting on a little over $200 worth of points. For the higher tiers of membership, you also need to spend a certain amount per year. Best Buy just changed the tier structure a bit, and the highest is $3,500 spent annually. The SP2 can help towards that number.

Warranty-wise, I think I've read on here that some have bought the Surface Complete (or whatever it was called) from Microsoft even if the tablet itself wasn't bought from them. Also, as others have pointed out, you can use a credit card you have to take advantage of extended warranties, purchase protections, and even double-dip on loyalty points through the card.

My RT and SP1 were bought from Microsoft for the "support your local businesses" approach, but I needed about $1,800 more to maintain my tier on Best Buy and I do like the points program.

And any issues I had with my Surfaces bought from Best Buy were handled by Microsoft, either at the store or with customer support. I think this option works pretty well.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett