Problem with full screen videos on Surface Pro 2

NokFromApp

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I tried to find a resolution to this but couldn't. Any help would be appreciated
I access CNN.Com using IE in metro mode. Whenever I watch a video, and maximize it to view it in full screen, I cannot see part of the video. Its like when you use the zoom function on a TV, some portion of the video gets chopped off the screen as the video size is enlarged. Has anyone else noticesd this on IE on Surface Pro 2. If so, is there a way to resolve this? Do I need to play around with screen resolutions?

NokFromApp

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestions.
YouTube was working fine in IE. I also downloaded Chrome and everything worked well there as well including CNN.
That got me thinking, so I checked the settings in IE and noticed that zoom was set to 150%. Maybe my wife did that..don't know. Once I set it back to 100%, the full screen video was fine.
What's strange though, is that YouTube was still fine at the increased zoom on IE. CNN on IE wasn't

MBytes

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Well it's not strange at all. It's just CNN didn't code their video player properly. That is all.

I would switch to Firefox though. Like this you don't have Chrome shoving in your face ChromeOS. Doesn't track you (even in private mode) and build a profile on you for targeted ads and sold info (as per the license agreement of Chrome web browser), and Firefox like IE, is far better on battery, as you can confirm yourself, and check reviews. But that is a different topic.

MBytes

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Firefox does.
Well the beta version, and it shows a bit, with a lack of performance, but they have been doing a great job at improving things at every version or so.
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/how-do-i-launch-firefox-windows-8-touch

So it's not as good as IE in many area in terms of smooth scrolling and zooming, it doesn't support add-ons, nor plugins, yet, but does support HTML5 excellently. Mozilla has been a supporter of Windows 8, and are indeed interested in making their web browser Windows 8 optimized. Google, sadly, not at all. Personally, as a Chrome users, I find it sad how the company no longer seam to care about their Chrome web browser, and more per-occupied at pushing in your face Google+, and Chrome OS. I switched to Firefox, and I don't regret it. (personally I use Firefox Aurora (version 29), which is alpha version of Firefox, because I want to use and experience the latest nightly build of Firefox, at the exchange of having bugs here and there, and expect updates more than once a week)

NokFromApp

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I tried Firefox, works really well. I am now only struggling working with the flash player working. I could not make YouTube or CNN videos work even after I installed the flash player

MBytes

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
I tried Firefox, works really well. I am now only struggling working with the flash player working. I could not make YouTube or CNN videos work even after I installed the flash player

That's strange it works on all my systems. I just re-installed Windows 8 on my laptop, about to give it to a family member, and it works fine. Did you restart Firefox? Did you install Flash plugin version 12? (Adobe Flash Player Distribution | Adobe)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3