My SP2 might be bricked! :(

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
My Surface Pro 2 has been doing this for more than 30 minutes now. I'm getting worried. All I did was install those updates, then it said it needed a restart. What do I do? Help ASAP would be appreciated!!

ranyzequ.jpg

Sent from my Xbox One using Tapatalk

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
I did the volume up+power button for 15 secs, then rebooted and then it diagnosed, then it restarted, and it shows this again.

Sent from my Xbox One using WPCentral Forums

MBytes

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Strange. Me it went smooth as butter.
Maybe it's the angle of the picture, but I see your surface pro 2 not connected to power.

p.s: I like your desk color.

VineRider

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
My Surface Pro 2 has been doing this for more than 30 minutes now. I'm getting worried. All I did was install those updates, then it said it needed a restart. What do I do? Help ASAP would be appreciated!!

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/03/12/ranyzequ.jpg

Sent from my Xbox One using Tapatalk

Mine did this as well. I just turned off the power by holding down the power button for several seconds. It restarted and then blipped to getting devices ready for about 5 seconds, then it started normally. I've not seen any issues other than a weird thing in device manager under Surface Cover Telemetry.

event.png
anyone else seeing this?

VineRider

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Mine did this as well. I just turned off the power by holding down the power button for several seconds. It restarted and then blipped to getting devices ready for about 5 seconds, then it started normally. I've not seen any issues other than a weird thing in device manager under Surface Cover Telemetry.

View attachment 59409
anyone else seeing this?

Could you take a look when you have a chance? mine is still showing this. Just curious if it has anything to do with the updates that hung like ours did.

Thanks!

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Could you take a look when you have a chance? mine is still showing this. Just curious if it has anything to do with the updates that hung like ours did.

Thanks!

Okay, I'll see. Many users were reporting issues with the update, such as the getting apps ready and error codes, like Tom Warren. I'm sure they'll pull the update for SP2 users, and release a new patch soon...

thekeeblerelf

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
After the update, my SP2 is still experiencing the battery level issue; hanging up at a some percentage, and not charging past that percentage.

I may end up having to do a full restore on it.

jojoe42

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
This also happened with my Pro 2 - after half an hour I shut it down and it went back to the 'getting devices ready screen' - I left it for an hour and then ended up shutting it down. It turned on, span the dots for five seconds and then booted up normally. As far as I'm concerned I think the update installed

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
After the update, my SP2 is still experiencing the battery level issue; hanging up at a some percentage, and not charging past that percentage.

I may end up having to do a full restore on it.

Try turning it off, then holding the power+volume up for 15 secs. Wait 10 seconds, then power on again.

raxy21

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
Yesterday i updated it to march firmware with charger attached and on full battery it totally turned off my wifi device on SP2 and i couldn't connect to internet. At last i tried restoring to prior day now it works but my battery indicator jumps from 15%to suddenly 8% and it climbs up again and falls again��

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa