Hey everyone, I've had my pro 2 for about 3.5 months and I've loved it except for one thing. The heat management on the thing is rather poor and I was wondering if there are any solutions to this problem. It's especially prevalent when I'm using it with the official dock as the dock insulates the heat. The heat has gotten so bad that it has actually melted the original charger I had that came with box but microsoft replaced it.
    03-20-2014 11:43 AM
    Hey everyone, I've had my pro 2 for about 3.5 months and I've loved it except for one thing. The heat management on the thing is rather poor and I was wondering if there are any solutions to this problem. It's especially prevalent when I'm using it with the official dock as the dock insulates the heat. The heat has gotten so bad that it has actually melted the original charger I had that came with box but microsoft replaced it.
    Wow....what do you use your Pro 2 for? I've been creating CADs, processing 38MP RAW images in Photoshop and also some Team Fortress on mine.....sure the fans kick in but never hot enough to melt the charger?!!?!
    03-21-2014 01:45 AM
    I'd suggest talking to Microsoft about taking advantage of your warranty. It shouldn't be getting that hot.
    jojoe42 and xandros9 like this.
    03-21-2014 12:51 PM
    Yup I've been guilty of a little team fortress 2 as well but the heat comes mainly when I'm multitasking coding for games and trying to watch netflix. I think it's strange too, it has now also destroyed my dock. One of the pins is stuck inside the hole.
    03-24-2014 11:58 AM
    Yup I've been guilty of a little team fortress 2 as well but the heat comes mainly when I'm multitasking coding for games and trying to watch netflix. I think it's strange too, it has now also destroyed my dock. One of the pins is stuck inside the hole.
    Yeah, definitely shouldn't be running that hot. Maybe they forgot a fan or something when it was assembled :P
    03-24-2014 02:38 PM