Just got the Surface Pro 2 256 gb and now reading about Surface Pro 3

MCube74

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
I got the Surface Pro 2 256gb last week with the i5 4300u CPU. I am still getting used to the new tablet and now I am reading about Surface Pro 3.

Not sure if I bought my Surface Pro 3 at a wrong time.

If Surface Pro 3 will have a larger screen then I am not bothered as if I wanted a larger screen I could have got the Sony Vio Tap 11 Tablet or a Dell XPS 12 Ultra book.

I like the 10.6" screen size as it is easier for me to carry around.

The only thing I will be disappointed is that if I had waiting, I would have bought my Surface Pro 2 at a lower price. :unhappysweat:

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Doesn't it feel like they waiting on YOU to plunk down the bucks so they can tease you with the new stuff? I'll say this, Microsoft is fairly bullish about the desktop and won't cede owning it to mobile. This news is dropping faster than I've ever seen MS move on an idea. Reminds me of the old Microsoft from back in the browser/office days.

MCube74

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Easy. If you want the SP3 return the SP2 and get the SP3.

The surface pro 3 will release in my country at the end of August 2014.

However I doubt I would like the bigger screen size.

Now that I know that the Surface Pro 3 with i5 CPU is the same as the the one in the pro 2, there is no big deal. Both have the i5 4300u CPU and intel HD 4400 graphics card.

The i7 option is good though but not really needed if not playing games.

There will probably be another Surface Pro releasing later this year which will replace Surface Pro and Surface pro 2. May consider that one.

MCube74

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Take it back if you're having buyers remorse. I think you have 14 days to return it.

I bought my Surface pro 2 i5 4300u 256gb from a business channel reseller. I got discounts on my Pro 2, type cover 2 and also the extended warranty and accidental damage coverage.
From what I saved I invested on a HD Screen Protector and applied 3m protection on the Surface pro 2. Now I use my pro 2 without any worries. I carry it around to my business meeting and place it on the table for presentations.

I do get 30 days return since the reseller follows microsoft's return policy but the pro 3 will release in my country in late August and even it it released sooner I doubt I would change for a bigger screen. The i7 CPU is the only tempting feature.

I think I can manage until the next Surface Pro releases later this year.

Nimdock

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
Yes, at first I was really sure I wanted to go from my SP2 to SP3.

The more I think about it the more I feel I should stay because I don't think I want a bigger device and because I like where the Windows button is located in the SP2.

That being said I do envy a bit the thickness/weight of the SP3.

flotto

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
i'm in the same boat, I've had my sp2 for about 10 days now. i'm trying to decide if it's worth returning a waiting till june 20th.

Sent from my Surface Pro 2 using Tapatalk

MCube74

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
I say use the Surface Pro 2 until the next best Surface Pro releases later this year.

It will probably have a new CPU and GPU.

It is not like you are using the first generation Surface Pro.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Worse pen functionality, going by what I see on wacom vs n-trig and the same Intel integrated graphics 4400. I'll wait until the graphics card get bumped. Probably be two more versions before I upgrade.

onlysublime

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
the SP3 looks like a great machine. But the only thing that would get me to upgrade my SP2 is a generational upgrade of the CPU which the SP3 is not. It's not Broadwell.

If you need a bigger screen, then SP3 makes sense. also, the battery life looks to be better too. But all the other features are minor upgrades for an SP2 owner.

If I had no Surface Pro machine, I'd get the SP3. But I have the SP2 and am perfectly happy with it. Just enjoy it. Better machines are always coming out. time stops for no one...

MCube74

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
I am sure there will be one more Surface Tablet either at the end of this year or early next year with Broadwell CPU and Windows 9.

Now that will be a good upgrade for Surface Pro and Surface Pro 2 owners.

maflynn

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
I am sure there will be one more Surface Tablet either at the end of this year or early next year with Broadwell CPU and Windows 9.
I question the wisdom in that move if MS does release a Broadwell based Surface tablet. I think it will be a huge mistake and they'll be alienating a lot of customers [of the SP3]

Nimdock

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
I question the wisdom in that move if MS does release a Broadwell based Surface tablet. I think it will be a huge mistake and they'll be alienating a lot of customers [of the SP3]

I disagree. By that logic all of us who already bought the SP2 should feel alienated and should be buying iPads, haha. :D

That's the way technology goes and I actually prefer this faster moving Microsoft than their old slow ways.

explosive0

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
i'm in the same boat, I've had my sp2 for about 10 days now. i'm trying to decide if it's worth returning a waiting till june 20th.

Sent from my Surface Pro 2 using Tapatalk
Return and get the Pro 3. At same price, I don't see why not. That's what I'm doing.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo