Wacom digitizer driver issue

chrisjfinlay

Mar 15, 2012
Visit site
I've not seen anyone having this issue bar me, so maybe it's my device, but:

I installed the Wacom driver as was recommended in the article posted on this site a while back for helping get the most out of Photoshop CC. In the options I found the option for "hover click" - meaning that I could just hover the pen over the screen and press the button to do a right click without having to touch the screen. It works out great for PS and for various games that use a mouse/touch interface (e.g. Faster Than Light). However, sometimes I find this feature stops working and the pen reverts to the "press button then touch screen to right click" mode, or plain old "press and hold" right click. In these occasions, I bring up the Wacom options and it usually tells me the driver isn't running, although sometimes it pops up the options and hover click is still enabled, and no amount of mucking about will get it to actually work. I have to restart the tablet (which thankfully only takes seconds) to get the feature back, which is annoying.

It only seems to crap out like this if the tablet's been locked or whatever that weird standby mode it goes into is if it's locked for a while - and it's not every time, just some of the time.

Anyone else had this, or have any ideas?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon