Just bought Surface Pro 2 :)

NHUK

Apr 3, 2014
Visit site
why use the touchpad when touch is so great? you compare the price of the Type Cover 2 to other keyboards and the price is not so bad.

To be honest that's my approach. I use the touch cover for typing and the touch screen for the mouse operations. I picked up the cover for around 60 notes when the price dropped after the release of the version 2 covers.

WillysJeepMan

Aug 7, 2008
Visit site
why use the touchpad when touch is so great? you compare the price of the Type Cover 2 to other keyboards and the price is not so bad.
For touch typists, touch (I assume you meant touchscreen) is not so great. I can't believe that I'm having to explain why I would use the touchpad that is part of the keyboard.

What mobile/tablet keyboards are you comparing the TC2 with? Nothing I've seen has been over $100.

onlysublime

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
For touch typists, touch (I assume you meant touchscreen) is not so great. I can't believe that I'm having to explain why I would use the touchpad that is part of the keyboard.

What mobile/tablet keyboards are you comparing the TC2 with? Nothing I've seen has been over $100.

https://www.google.com/shopping/product/171670668643066324?q=dell+venue+keyboard&client=firefox-a&hs=7um&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:eek:fficial&channel=fflb&bav=on.2,or.r_qf.&bvm=bv.68445247,d.aWw,pv.xjs.s.en_US.hKiVy-E3KVo_O&biw=1920&bih=945&tch=1&ech=1&psi=pTqRU-DtOpC3yATto4LABw.1402026739979.3&ei=xjqRU-KUNcmqyAS_54KYAw&ved=0CMUEEKYrMAM

Dell 5J36C Mobile Keyboard for Venue 11 Pro 5130/7130 Tablets $130-170

de5j36c.jpg

Other examples out there as well... The TC2 totally stands up against the Dell keyboard and other keyboards. I'm a touch typist. I average around 80 wpm when typing casually after errors are factored in. My peak speeds are around 110 wpm after errors factored in. And when I need to move the cursor, I use the touchscreen. if you're typing a lot, you're not really using a mouse, touchpad, etc.

Maybe on other things, you have good experience. But not with keyboards as you felt the Asus Transformer T100 was a decent keyboard (it really is an awful keyboard).

Nikumba

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Bah bloody MS!!!!!!!!!!

New one arrived today, an OLDER Lot number than one I already had so both 4200U, off to live chat, apoligised, letting me return my second one, given my a ?30 voucher, so think I will go and buy it from a physical retailer, and see if they will price match the online offer, can but ask now.

Kimbie

jojoe42

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
Bah bloody MS!!!!!!!!!!

New one arrived today, an OLDER Lot number than one I already had so both 4200U, off to live chat, apoligised, letting me return my second one, given my a ?30 voucher, so think I will go and buy it from a physical retailer, and see if they will price match the online offer, can but ask now.

Kimbie

Does it really matter? As far as I've read there isn't much of a significant difference between the 4200U and the 4300U

Nikumba

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
I guess it does not really matter, what irks me is they are selling old stock, it doesn't matter as I have sourced a 4300U through retail channels but still it is a **** position for MS to be sending out old stock

Kimbie

jojoe42

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
I guess it does not really matter, what irks me is they are selling old stock, it doesn't matter as I have sourced a 4300U through retail channels but still it is a **** position for MS to be sending out old stock

Kimbie

It's not technically "old" stock - it's the same model either way, albeit with a slightly improved processor - and that's the only difference between the two. It's the same memory, display and SSD otherwise, and they still probably have lots of "older" stock lying around so what do you expect them to do? If you're really fussed about it then you can keep saying devices until you get one with a 4300U processor, but personally I wouldn't be so fussed - newer processor or not it's a great device, enjoy it!!!

Aredubu

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
I just bought a 256GB SP2 as well. I had a Surface 2 and a Lumia 2520, but needed more and wanted to stay with a tablet form, kinda. I am getting it to replace my laptop, as I really don't use it much, except for ripping and burning DVDs, web surfing, Netflix, and MS Office. It has the 4300U processor. Looking forward to it very much to arrive in a bout a week!

gottria

Feb 8, 2009
Visit site
Picked one up myself today. Bought it used on Craigslist with battery cover for $700. 2 months old and has the 4300i CPU, 256/8gb model also. Very nice device but I think I will see the battery cover and just get a type cover so it won't weigh as much and will be thinner.

onlysublime

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
Picked one up myself today. Bought it used on Craigslist with battery cover for $700. 2 months old and has the 4300i CPU, 256/8gb model also. Very nice device but I think I will see the battery cover and just get a type cover so it won't weigh as much and will be thinner.

yeah, the battery cover is less necessary on the SP2. If I had an SP1, it'd make more sense. Not being backlit was a killer as I love that feature. It's a feature I didn't appreciate until I was doing a report in bed while watching a movie and the backlighting was amazing.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster