Is anyone else having issues putting the surface into standby, it will quite often not start up after going into standby and I have to reboot it which can take a while and can be annoying as it closes files down I left open.

this is a new surface pro 2 but did exactly the same thing on my old one.
    06-28-2014 07:55 AM
    -> Is this a new keyboard, or you are using the old one you had?
    -> Is this with a clean empty install of Windows, or did you install software on it?
    -> Does it happen if you put the system to sleep while in "laptop mode", and wake it up later, after a while, still in that mode?
    -> What button or what you do to wake the system up?
    -> Did you try waiting 10-15se when you wake it up? Does it wake up?
    -> What is the action of the power button when the system is on battery and wake up (see Windows power plan options)
    -> What action you set when you close the lid in Windows (see Windows power plan options)
    07-05-2014 12:48 PM
    I have been having a similar issue. If my SP2 goes to sleep I would be unable to get it to wake. The windows button on the tablet would vibrate when touched and the keyboard would be backlit but other than that nothing. I would fiddle with the power button, try to drag my finger on the screen, play with the windows button... nothing.

The other day my SP2 went to sleep. When I wen to use it I accidentally typed a key on the type cover. The computer came right back up! Duh! Not like I haven't been using the keyboard to wake my desktop for quite literally YEARS but I suppose with the tablet form factor it never occurred to me to try the keyboard.

I hope it turns out that you are having the same issue.
    07-12-2014 12:45 PM
    Sorry for not replying sooner after starting this thread.

Im still having problems, in fact more, the battery is draining through the night as well now.

I sometimes just close the keyboard to put it in standby, sometimes press the power button once.
    Most of the time I want it to wake up I press the windows key, if that doesn't work I press the power button, not sure if I have tried the keyboard so will give that a go.
    New machine with fresh OS install, same keyboard as before.

If it doesn't turn back on sometimes I just hold the power button for 3 seconds other times I have to do it for 10-15 seconds.

I've now started to loose wifi after some reboots.

Sometimes it will come straight out of standby but its starting up rather than waking up so I have lost anything I had open.

The power plan is set to balanced?

everything is set to sleep for power buttons etc

turn on fast start up is on
    Sleep is on
    hibernate is off
    lock is on.

Cheers again for any help

Carl
    07-25-2014 05:44 AM