Any Advice for those that JUST Bought a pro 2 and want to upgrade?

snowwake8

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
Anyone know of any deals or exchange programs going on for those of us who bought a pro2 right before the 3 came out? I bought my pro 2 in April. Wish I waited. Any advice?

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
If you really want the 3, and for legitimate reasons other than it being called 3, instead of 2, (you know, some people) then I would sell the Pro 2 and put that towards a 3. You'd get a better deal than any trade-in program.

flotto

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
Go talk to a salesman at a Microsoft store. I bought SP2 at the beginning of May and they let me return it for my SP3.

Sent from my Surface Pro 3 using Tapatalk

badMojo69

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Honestly...just keep the 2 and wait until Oct/Nov and then decide if you want the 3.
I like where the Surface is going, so I sold my SP2 on Ebay and got a S2 to hold me over until the S3 hopefully comes out later this year.

For me the SP3 seems like a V1 product just as the SP1 and SRT were. I do think it's cool, but I think it was rushed. Hence the many...many updates on day 1. Worst case you'll be able to pick one up used for about 1/2 price.

millerliteboy

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I'm looking to do the same.... I'd go to my local MS store but seeing as I went from SP2 64, to 256, to 512...I'd think they'd ban me from the store if I tried to send it back again.

I'd take the i7 256 straight up for my SP2 512... (yes one can wish). ;)

Last edited:

erasure25

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
You should wait for the Haswell processor. The CPU in the SP3 isn't all that much better than the SP2. There might be a SP3 refresh with Haswell late this year.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
You should wait for the Haswell processor. The CPU in the SP3 isn't all that much better than the SP2. There might be a SP3 refresh with Haswell late this year.

You mean Broadwell, Haswell is what is equipped in the Pro 2 and 3.

But yea, the 2 and 3 are the same in terms of horsepower under the hood if I understand correctly.

Great deal

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Anyone know of any deals or exchange programs going on for those of us who bought a pro2 right before the 3 came out? I bought my pro 2 in April. Wish I waited. Any advice?

I contacted customer services and told them that there is a fault, when I use wifi and Bluetooth at the same time then there is a conflict (this is a well known issue) and as the device does not function as advertised (they said get a dongle and I said no way my cheap iPad can do it why cant the SP2 at 3 times the price!!) and sending me any replacement will have a fault as well is pointless what can you do? (I wanted a SP3 but they wouldn't do it) so they said they will escalate it and get a refund - this is with a SP2 that's 7 months old, they didn't question or hesitate with the age of the device, in fact they didn't even ask how old it was.

GL - get a refund and get a SP3!!!

MS are very open to assisting existing user base, moneys not an issue for a company that wrote off 1 billion dollar worth of Surface 1 stock.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I contacted customer services and told them that there is a fault, when I use wifi and Bluetooth at the same time then there is a conflict (this is a well known issue) and as the device does not function as advertised (they said get a dongle and I said no way my cheap iPad can do it why cant the SP2 at 3 times the price!!) and sending me any replacement will have a fault as well is pointless what can you do? (I wanted a SP3 but they wouldn't do it) so they said they will escalate it and get a refund - this is with a SP2 that's 7 months old, they didn't question or hesitate with the age of the device, in fact they didn't even ask how old it was.

GL - get a refund and get a SP3!!!

MS are very open to assisting existing user base, moneys not an issue for a company that wrote off 1 billion dollar worth of Surface 1 stock.

just keep in mind they aren't a charity and start demanding 3's...

Great deal

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
just keep in mind they aren't a charity and start demanding 3's...

They are a company the sells products. If product is broken or does not perform as advertised then you are 100% right to demand a refund without guilt. I wouldn't put up with it if it was a Car, Cooker, Freezer, Pen Mobile, in fact anything! If I gave money to a charity and found it went somewhere else I would demand from them too.

MS is certainly not a charity, If they cant make something without fault then it is their fault not anyone else's.

They wont give you a 3 as a replacement which is fair. They will offer you a full refund and take the product back which is again fair.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss