Ok, I am not sure exactly how to ask this, but is there a way that truly shutdown the tablet. Even after I click shutdown, and come back later and restart, webpages still are open that I had open before. I just want a way to have a clean restart. Like with a computer and you reboot and all open apps are cleared out open tabs, everything! I know this is needed to help the tablet open faster, but sometimes I just want a clean boot.

Does my question make sense?

cdrshm
    Last edited by Muessig; 06-29-2014 at 11:47 AM.
    06-29-2014 09:46 AM
    Ok, I am not sure exactly how to ask this, but is there a way that truly shutdown the tablet. Even after I click shutdown, and come back later and restart, webpages still are open that I had open before. I just want a way to have a clean restart. Like with a computer and you reboot and all open apps are cleared out open tabs, everything! I know this is needed to help the tablet open faster, but sometimes I just want a clean boot.

Does my question make sense?

cdrshm
    IE11 make cache of a webpage even if restart it.
    unstoppablekem and xandros9 like this.
    06-29-2014 12:26 PM
    IE 11 should pull up your last open page but when you restart your computer, are all the other apps still open including desktop apps? This is under Surface Pro 2 so I assume that's what you have. It should behave the same as a laptop running full Windows. What procedure are you using to shutdown your computer? You should be able to swipe from the right side of the screen to the left and go to Settings, Power, and Shut down (or Restart). Is this what you are doing?
    06-29-2014 12:52 PM
    Same as other apps. Like if I had chrome on, then restarted my surface, it would reboot on the same page again.
    Sent from my PlayStation 4 using Tapatalk
    06-29-2014 01:02 PM
    Same as other apps. Like if I had chrome on, then restarted my surface, it would reboot on the same page again.
    Sent from my PlayStation 4 using Tapatalk
    But IE opens the page even without internet connection.
    06-29-2014 01:16 PM