[SP2] Full refund available within its warranty period if you want...

anon(4054009)

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
OK then.... do this..... Tell them their is a fault with the Surface Pro 2. You want to use wifi and Bluetooth at the same time (this is a fault in ALL surface Pro 2's and no fix is available) and you cannot as the device is not working as advertised. iPads at a fraction of the price can do it, this cant. What are you going to do about it?

They HAVE to offer you a FULL refund, if not point them to this thread and I will be more than happy to quote consumer law at them.
If this isn't joke then funniest post in awhile. The caps give much more authority.

cgmonkey

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
I just spent hours with support about Bluetooth and WiFi issues. They just don't seem to get it, it doesn't work as advertised. Problem is I can't return mine to the shops as I bought it off someone within the warranty period. They have replaced it once due to another issue but the 1st one and this one both have problems with WiFi and Bluetooth.
Changing your router to 5GHz does help but I can't get them to do that where I work.

It was basically left with tough, we wont refund as you didn't buy from us, we won't replace for a newer model as we don't do that so its your problem not ours.
Trying to explain to them that the 10 other devices, some years old manage it fine, and I run Bluetooth from my phone to speakers with the phone sitting next to the surface pro without issue.
Also telling them they have been aware of the issue for a long time and if they could fix it they would have seemed to fall on deaf ears.
Really, really poor customer service. I have 4 Bluetooth devices and have to use the USB slot to have a USB mouse receiver in as Bluetooth creates problems therefore leaving me no ports.

Fuming from it to be honest. I said I would seek further advice and they just said that's fine we will wait to hear from your lawyer.................

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
(this is a fault in ALL surface Pro 2's and no fix is available)
Hogwash. I streamed (obviously via wifi) music to my JBL Power-up speaker (which is a BT device) all the time when I still had my SP2. Never had a problem with it.

They HAVE to offer you a FULL refund, if not point them to this thread and I will be more than happy to quote consumer law at them.
Yeah... Good luck with that. Microsoft has REAL lawyers, not the internet-"educated" kind.

anon(8985111)

Jul 22, 2014
Visit site
Hogwash. I streamed (obviously via wifi) music to my JBL Power-up speaker (which is a BT device) all the time when I still had my SP2. Never had a problem with it.

Yeah... Good luck with that. Microsoft has REAL lawyers, not the internet-"educated" kind.

You are probably running a 5Ghz Wifi, aren't you?

Regarding the refund it depends on the country one is residing in. The manufacturer has two attempts to make your product work over here in Germany, if they fail, they will have to refund. It's as simple as that and doesn't have to do anything with what kind of lawyers they employ. I've no clue how it's working in the US though.

andy roddy

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
You are probably running a 5Ghz Wifi, aren't you?

I also use a BT mouse and have had no issues connecting to my 2.4GHz WiFi router. I wonder if this might be an issue with the original SP2s (4200 series processor vs 4300 or some other hardware fix introduced with the new processor). I have a 4300 and have had no problems with simultaneous WiFi and bluetooth.

anon(8985111)

Jul 22, 2014
Visit site
I also use a BT mouse and have had no issues connecting to my 2.4GHz WiFi router. I wonder if this might be an issue with the original SP2s (4200 series processor vs 4300 or some other hardware fix introduced with the new processor). I have a 4300 and have had no problems with simultaneous WiFi and bluetooth.

Running a mouse simultaneously works fine for me either (I'm on a 4200 chip). Technically, there's still a speed drop detectable but it seems to be acceptable. However, once I start streaming music via my BT headphones, most of the time I can't even navigate to a website properly.

The worst part under the current state is clearly that an ongoing upload makes my BT mouse stuttering in a way that I can't use it.

cgmonkey

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
I can only get Bluetooth and wireless to work with 5ghz, problem is other devices in the house don't work then.
Had a long conversation with support and they ended the conversation basically saying tough, we aren't prepared to do anything.