Buy Surface Pro 2?

Byrese

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
The SP3 is amazing but I'm not sure I can swing it right now. Considering a SP2 instead. Should I pull the trigger if I get a good price? Is it still worth it and a viable machine?

onlysublime

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
If the screen size is acceptable to you, go for it. I love my SP2. I'm going to use it until it dies. Super fast, great form factor, awesome kickstand, great keyboard that easily detaches, etc. It's been my favorite laptop ever. The only laptop that I've loved recently has been the Acer S7 with i7. Love that machine as well (though the 2560x1440 is really too high for the Intel graphics) though I still mostly use my SP2. I wish the SP2 looked as classy as the S7 with that slick gorilla glass and backlit logo. The battery life of the S7 is a tad longer as well.

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
I ordered a 3 when they were announced. But then realised that the release was US-only until September. And I needed something back then. Got a SP2 and it's awesome. People always ask about it. It's my main screen now for most tasks I do.

Ltauhmise

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
I had a surface pro. I still do. They sit in a drawer-- having been retired by my surface pro 2. The pro2 is the same form factor as the pro1. A slightly better processor... but what sold me was the adjustable kickstand. That, in itself, made the purchase worthwhile. If you watch ebay you can pick up a 128gb surface pro2 for around 500$. I got my own, semi-new, for about 560$... which I think is a pretty good deal. The pro1 sells for about 450$ for the same memory size. Good luck!

muneshyne21

Feb 11, 2014
Visit site
I just picked up a Surface Pro 2 128gb (with touch cover, pen and charger) for $500 on Ebay. There was a hardware glitch on it keeping it from rotating. I sent it back to Microsoft and they sent me a new/refurbished one in perfect shape.

I think the greatest draw to picking up a 2 is that all of them are still under the 1 yr Manufacturer warranty. As long as it isn't too beat up looking, Microsoft will replace it if it has problems. I think they are dropping in price waaaay more than they really should be. In terms of value what else comes even close?

RTGent

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
Just ordered a new 256GB model from the Microsoft Store for $1099. Free keyboard and 2-day shipping convinced me. Can't wait... but I will. :wink:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thehinac