Volume rocker and windows button not working when booting with keyboard backwards

Lerac1

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
Hi all,

I am wondering if all of you are also experiencing my issue with surface pro that every time I start my surface pro 2 my volume rocker and windows logo button are not working. I have to disconnect my power cover and reconnect and suddenly magically the volume rocker and windows logo button start to work again. I know i boot my computer with the keyboard backwards meaning I am disabling the keyboard. However I think it is enormously stupid my volume rocker and windows button should not work until I disconnect keyboard.

Another annoyance I have is my keyboard (power cover) is not recognized. This happens all the time even after reconnection it multiple times. This much that I never mind it. Is there anything I can do to fix this? It annoys me so much....

RTGent

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
Not here. Not ever. I'm entering my third year with an RT, and second with the SP2. I use the RT every day for 1-3 hours a day, and the SP2 an average of 5-7 hours a week. Each has a type keyboard, and they're both attached constantly, right-side-up always, and 80-90% of the time I'm in tablet mode with the keyboards folded over. My RT keyboard is now fraying at the connection edge, where it is often resting on my jeans or whatever. Two or three days a week I notice the auto-off/on functionality of the keyboard is lost on the RT; I detach and reconnect once, and presto. This has worked that way from day one and it's a 3-second solution. I never work plugged in, and I have never experienced your rocker and logo button issues -at least not to remember it. I handle and toss around both devices the same way, and I think the heavier weight of the SP2, makes it disconnect more often, although without the auto-off functionality and always in tablet mode, I often don't notice a lost-connected SP2 keyboard.

I'd suspect I had a bad unit or keyboard and return it. Good luck getting past your problem.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett