SP2 with windows 10 sleep mode bug

honeybudger

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
hi all, has anyone encounter the bug where sp2 wake itself up at after about 30 seconds of putting it to sleep in windows 10 and drain the battery right down. I have the same problem back in windows 8 and there was a fix..

mAesculapius

Aug 3, 2015
Visit site
Yep, the same thing over here. Haven't had this issue with 8.1, but now halfway at work, the battery has already drained. Only turning it off completely assures that it isn't consuming energy.

I read that there were updates on the 25th of july that should prevent this, but my system is fully up to date. I've also checked this method, without resort... reddit dot com/r/Surface/comments/3f67i8/sp2_wont_sleep_issue_fix/

Lumious

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
My surface pro 2 wakes from sleep all the time on Windows 8.1 and the same is true for Windows 10. It wakes from sleep randomly without touching, when I press keys (sometimes) when I touch the screen (sometimes), it's like it has a mind of its own. The only true way to put it down is to turn it off. I hate when it wakes from sleep when I am trying to sleep LOL.

phelme

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Looks like it's a problem with the touch/type cover software. I mentioned a temporary fix, turning off the wake feature on the device in another thread.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicos18