Todays Windows 10 update killing windows

cgmonkey

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
I've been running Windows 10 for a few days with only a few minor issues but after todays update the surface wouldn't boot up, auto repair didn't work.
I reinstalled windows and it booted up fine, thought I would check to see if it was the update that created the problem and it was, windows will no longer boot.

Due to windows forcing updates on us now how can I avoid this other than going back to windows 8.1?

Anyone else had the same problem?

Link Kadeshi

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
I have updated my SP2, and have not had an issue with the latest update. When you said you checked to see if it was the update that caused the problem, does that mean you installed it again?

NeoGrandizer

Mar 17, 2014
Visit site
I've experienced some issues with a clean install of Windows 10. There were some missing drivers initially which I resolved by downloading and installing from Microsoft's download site. There was also the July 2015 firmware update that constantly failed and had to manually retry and push through eventually to get it to succeed. And of course, I had the heat issue which I seem to have resolved for now. Otherwise, no other big issues with it at the moment. Everything seems to be behaving for now.

Link Kadeshi

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
I recently found the 8/5 update is causing my swipe gestures to quit working. So swiping from off the side of the screen no longer works, but only when the update is installed.

NeoGrandizer

Mar 17, 2014
Visit site
Interesting, my swipe to call up the action centre and task view work so far. No issues to date with them so far and with all updates installed (like I have a choice) successfully.

Though I do have search not working from time to time and need to rebuild the library to get it going again.

Link Kadeshi

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
How about this for odd. On my Microsoft linked account, the swipe gestures don't work at all. I had a hold-over child account from 8.1, and the swiping works. What?

cgmonkey

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Sorry been away for a while so not been able to respond.
Yes I went to windows updates and told it to install the update, then it refused to boot. So had to reinstall again.
This time I created a recovery partition.
The same problem occurred again during another update but the recovery sorted it.

I now have the same problem on my other laptop, update and won't boot. Surprised no one else is having the same problem.
Wonder if its a conflict with creative cloud, that's the only thing I have installed the same on both of them?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99