Live Battery Usage Reports

luvsql

Dec 7, 2015
Visit site
I've tried the battery report that you can run on the Surface but it does NOT offer any indications at to WHAT is using the battery. After upgrading to Windows 10 and disabling pretty much everything from multiple battery saving suggestions (no sleep just hibernate now), I still only have 3.5 hours of battery on my SP2 at most.

I don't understand why there is not a resource manager item for battery so I can see what's eating my battery. Even my Blackberry has this feature! Other than guessing, it really would be nice to see what's causing the issue. I've run the powercfg /energy too but it's not helpful.

Is Microsoft worried that this type of analysis will show its own product causing the issue and that's why it's not available? As of now I have to charge it at least once a day with minimal usage. I used to charge it every 3 days.

Bobcat665

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
I know that there's a battery use monitor in W10 mobile under Settings > System > Battery saver > Battery use, which breaks down battery use by individual app BUT I have no idea if there is such a thing in the tablet version or how it's set up.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos