Charging issues

TacoKingYo

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
Hi all,
I have a Surface Pro 2. The charger it came with lasted me 2.5 years, burned out a few months ago. Seemed about right.
But, now its replacement is starting to show the same side effects, despite me treating it well: it only works in certain positions, its charge is still sketchy, etc.
I've been noticing that the battery life has been dropping quite a bit. Also not uncommon, just normal wear and tear...
But, even with my docking station, it will be "plugged in, not charging." This is fairly new, and I don't think it's too common....
I'm not running many processes. As of right now, Skype with 7 Chrome tabs open. I even closed out of a lot of background processes I don't use (onedrive, itunes, etc) and it's still going from "plugged in, not charging" to "plugged in, charging" every ~5 seconds.
What should I do?
Thanks

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Hi all,
I have a Surface Pro 2. The charger it came with lasted me 2.5 years, burned out a few months ago. Seemed about right.
But, now its replacement is starting to show the same side effects, despite me treating it well: it only works in certain positions, its charge is still sketchy, etc.
I've been noticing that the battery life has been dropping quite a bit. Also not uncommon, just normal wear and tear...
But, even with my docking station, it will be "plugged in, not charging." This is fairly new, and I don't think it's too common....
I'm not running many processes. As of right now, Skype with 7 Chrome tabs open. I even closed out of a lot of background processes I don't use (onedrive, itunes, etc) and it's still going from "plugged in, not charging" to "plugged in, charging" every ~5 seconds.
What should I do?
Thanks

The charging port on your surface might be loose or some other connection inside the surface. If you can find a technician, try taking it to them

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium