Will the Pro 3 Dock work with the new Surface Pro?

GG002

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Pretty sure the docking station will work, at least with an adapter if you have one. Otherwise you could probably just make one yourself.

bulls96

Jun 25, 2007
Visit site
I have not seen anywhere that MSFT made a different adaptor for the new surface pro. I have one myself and prefer it over the newer dock.

convergent

May 20, 2017
Visit site
Yes, works fine.

For some reason the magnetic connector doesn't seat quite as smoothly though. Its like the hole is a fraction smaller. But could just be that's new.

DCW1000

Jan 12, 2015
Visit site
OP here, reporting late on my own question and confirming what the more recent posters have said. I did eventually buy a new SP and with minimal jiggling can lock it into the SP3 dock without an adapter. It also works easily with the SP4 adapter. To my surprise, if I put the new SP in the dock with the type cover attached, there is no need for an adapter at all; the Surface blade connector slides right into place. I don't see what part of the cover adjusts the tablet's position, but it seems to work more smoothly than locking down the tablet without the cover attached.

I very much prefer the older Surface dock designs in which the tablet is supported and locked in place at an angle. The newer brick dock is serviceable, but just makes for another wandering piece of clutter on a desk.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)