New Surface Pen Delayed

convergent

May 20, 2017
Visit site
I was in the local Microsoft Store yesterday and talking to one of their sales folks while checking out the new Surface Pro. I asked if he knew when the new Surface Pen would be available and he said it was delayed, possibly August! Who knows if he has any information or is just making wild guesses to feel important, but throwing it out there for comment. I've got the new Surface Pro on pre-order and will need a pen so thinking about what alternatives there are.

Wacom's Bamboo Ink is an option that has 4096 pressure points also. Bamboo Ink: smart stylus optimized for Windows Ink | Wacom

And of course, the Surface Pro 4 pen.

kashgohel

Dec 16, 2015
Visit site
Hi @convergent, not to pry but do you use the surface pen for art and such? I've found that high sensitivity is useful for only taking notes and painting on apps like Autodesk sketchbook, photoshop etc. So while its always great to push the boudaries of pen design, I personally am not for increasing sensitivity levels. I prefer lower sensitivity so that you can go ahead and brush on that screen like you are legit painting using a charcoal stick or a graphite pencil.

Just my two cents. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss