Surface Pro Battery

2in1Fan

Jun 20, 2017
Visit site
Has anyone with the new SP been able to do a battery test? If so, i5 or i7? I'm wondering what to expect in terms of real world use. Thanks!

Rainar Angelo

May 13, 2017
Visit site
Has anyone with the new SP been able to do a battery test? If so, i5 or i7? I'm wondering what to expect in terms of real world use. Thanks!

Someone in the forums did mention that it was giving quite a bit.
"When the SP4 showed 40%, subject to same use, the SP showed 75%"
Pretty cool if you get the point :p

This what what he said, not what I said (quoted parts)

Wevenhuis

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
I had a look at reviews such as windows central, fsptopers, cbutters tech, mobile tech review, Linus tech tips on battery life with edge, engadget and Verge.

The average number I'm hearing more and more is around the 8 hour mark with "normal use". Extremes seem to last between at 2,5 hours more maximum cpu loading for extended periods and 16 hours in maximum battery saving settings possible. In all a full day battery life is achievable. There seem clues that the i5 fanless model performs slightly better in terms of battery life. 9 hours of daily battery life is apparently realistically achievable. Battery life is overall better than the surface pro 4.
I can recommend watching Linus Tech tips recent videos on improving battery life in windows and perfomance of browsers on windows 10, and fstoppers and cubtters test of the windows devices for more info and insights.

Wevenhuis

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
I'm curious to know what windows central forum readers are getting from the surface pro "5" (2017) in terms of battery life. Hope you would like to share your experience.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3