Does it need a case/carry bag?

sssamjoan

Jun 16, 2017
Visit site
For people who carry their Surface Pros around regularly, do you use any sort of laptop sleeve or case to protect it? It's so small I'd worry that it would jostle in the laptop compartment in my backpack.

convergent

May 20, 2017
Visit site
I have the Brenthaven Collins Sleeve Plus, which says designed for SP4. It fits the SP and type cover perfectly, and then has a small pocket with a sleeve for pen and another that holds the arc mouse. There is also room in there for the charging cable if you want to include it, but I usually go without it if I'm not going to be that long.

I've got a larger backpack that I use for longer trips, but I've not been on one yet. I do think it would get lost in there so I'm either going to try and find a smaller one; or just put the whole sleeve in my backpack.

sssamjoan

Jun 16, 2017
Visit site

Very handy, thanks for the links. This is good to know. I'm considering getting the new SP2017 but worried about all the extra things I'd need to spend on since the pen and keyboard aren't bundled anymore either!

mekanism

Jul 9, 2015
Visit site
I have the UAG case and use my Surface in a shop environment. For what I do its a must, not to mention the peace of mind in case I drop it.

DCW1000

Jan 12, 2015
Visit site
I don't often take my new Pro out of the house, but when I do I put it in either an old leather VAIO case that it fits perfectly, or a canvas Surface Book case with a couple of side pockets that I got at the Microsoft Store and almost never used for carrying my Book. It's a little loose in that one.

I don't think I would travel with an uncovered SP. At the very least the pen would be retained if it should come loose from its magnetic moorings. And even a little bit of hard padding would help protect the device in the event of a drop.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa