Having brush lag with drawing software on my new pro

Skelthy

Jun 25, 2017
Visit site
I have the 256GB i5, and even though the ink workspace sketchpad and OneNote work perfectly fine, other software, suck as Krita, Clip Studio Paint, Paint Tool SAI, and even Paint 3D (?!) lag when I draw. Anyone else have this problem, or do I need to replace something?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I have the 256GB i5, and even though the ink workspace sketchpad and OneNote work perfectly fine, other software, suck as Krita, Clip Studio Paint, Paint Tool SAI, and even Paint 3D (?!) lag when I draw. Anyone else have this problem, or do I need to replace something?

It's probably that the software haven't been updated yet by the developers to take advantage of the new pen experience

Try checking for updates just in case

Mingu7

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
My guess is: Depending on the complexity of the brush, you may still see some lag caused by software. For example, super-realistic brushes cranked up to a large size will probably always lag a little because the software has to work much harder to constantly blend the pixels of the brush stroke onto the existing image. This was very apparent in the first examples of tablet pcs back in the 90's... but you can still see it in today's hardware with extra large complex brushes.

Skelthy

Jun 25, 2017
Visit site
I found a fix! After running the hardware troubleshooter, it downloaded some drivers and I rebooted. After that, no more lag!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3