[Question] No sleep option in Surface Pro (2017)?

denispage

Dec 25, 2010
Visit site
Every time when I press the power button, my surface pro (2017) goes to hibernate. So I've tried to change it to Sleep, and I discovery there is no Sleep option in the new surface pro 2017.

C:\windows\system32>powercfg -a
The following sleep states are available on this system:
Hibernate
Fast Startup
The following sleep states are not available on this system:
Standby (S1)
The system firmware does not support this standby state.
Standby (S2)
Standby (S3)
Standby (S0 Low Power Idle)
Hybrid Sleep
Standby (S3) is not available.

No sleep and no Hybrid sleep in Surface Pro (2017)?

DCW1000

Jan 12, 2015
Visit site
I see the same Standby S1-S2-S3 and Hybrid Sleep S3 unavailability that you have, but on my new SP the "Standby (S0 Low Power Idle) Network Connected" classification is listed as available above Hibernate. That seems to be the state I default to from the Sleep option on the on-screen power button, and when I fold the type cover over the screen or press the physical button.

convergent

May 20, 2017
Visit site
I see the same Standby S1-S2-S3 and Hybrid Sleep S3 unavailability that you have, but on my new SP the "Standby (S0 Low Power Idle) Network Connected" classification is listed as available above Hibernate. That seems to be the state I default to from the Sleep option on the on-screen power button, and when I fold the type cover over the screen or press the physical button.

Same for mine... Low Power Idle available.

When I initially set it up, I did have to go into the additional power settings (the old settings, not the new settings) to set the sleep mode (I think, going on memory from a month ago, but I'd check that).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99