Cobalt color pen or silver for use with the cobalt alcantara keyboard?

sd13

Jun 14, 2016
Visit site
I'm trying to decide between these two colors for the surface pen. Which one matches the SP better? The cobalt matches the keyboard but the silver matches the color of the SP. Has anyone tried the cobalt color pen? I'm looking for the best matchy matchy combo.

SeanD_Colorado

Jul 17, 2017
Visit site
I have the silver pen and I like how it’s very low key attached to the screen when the machine is open, but I haven’t seen the cobalt to compare it with

convergent

May 20, 2017
Visit site
I have the cobalt blue type cover and went with the silver pen. I like the way it looks. But, confess that I would have probably bought the cobalt one if it was available when I got the Surface Pro. I have the cobalt Surface Arc mouse too. Since the pen is attached to the silver Surface Pro, it looks fine.

What would be cool is if someone came out with a cobalt blue skin for the Surface Pro itself.

cbb77

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site
I have the Cobalt keyboard and plan on going with the black pen. Originally thought to get the matching Cobalt pen but I kind of like the Burgundy keyboard as well, so may end up picking that up at a later date, when the prices drop a bit or if on sale. The silver does match the body, but I may also end up getting a skin for the surface, thus that's how I came to decide on the black.

cbb77

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site
What would be cool is if someone came out with a cobalt blue skin for the Surface Pro itself.

This indeed would be cool. I don't think it would actually be that hard. You can create your own skins at Skinit so this is really just a simple single color skin. Hmm, I may look into it myself to see what's involved.

SeanD_Colorado

Jul 17, 2017
Visit site
I like the idea of the black pen as well. I think it would blend in well with the bezel when attached to the side, and would go equally well with either the cobalt or burgundy keyboard, should you decide to swap up colors down the road.

david90531

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
It's quite subjective. I'm fine even using my royal blue SP4 pen with my new SP, which has a platinum type cover attached.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeTea