Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
Suddenly greyed out color appears on my surface screen. Can somebody help me what should I do ?

It is just 13 days old and I have spend 2200 USD on it. I bought in US and right now I am in India.

WhatsApp Image 2017-08-21 at 01.44.19.jpeg

ClintRo

May 28, 2015
Visit site
You should call the Microsoft US number and talk to them about getting a replacement. Maybe put in a ticket and return it when you are back in the states?

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
It appears all the time in the screen. It is more visible when the background is dark. I spoke with support agent and they told they will replace it if it is beyond the tolerance level.

I just wonder why I have to tolerate for the issue in their manufacturing. Won't we expect premium good for the premium price we have paid?

After a discussion in the chat they told, i will be getting a new replacement if i take it back to them before 30 days time. And still am worried whether they will claim this as within tolerance level.

convergent

May 20, 2017
Visit site
It appears all the time in the screen. It is more visible when the background is dark. I spoke with support agent and they told they will replace it if it is beyond the tolerance level.

I just wonder why I have to tolerate for the issue in their manufacturing. Won't we expect premium good for the premium price we have paid?

After a discussion in the chat they told, i will be getting a new replacement if i take it back to them before 30 days time. And still am worried whether they will claim this as within tolerance level.

I can't really tell from your picture what it is you are saying is wrong because I just see you with your camera in the reflection. But if it has a defect, I expect they will replace it. Given all the "backlight problem" returns I'm hearing about, they don't seem to have a high threshold for returns.

With regard to your question about expectations of quality, you will find defects in anything. How its handled is the key. From everything I've heard, Microsoft has been very willing to correct any quality issue in their projects.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire