strange-account-sign-.png
    Good morning,
    I've been having this pop up for about a week and a half on my Surface Pro 4. If I clear it, it just pops back up five seconds later. If I type in my Microsoft Account password, it just vanishes then reappears almost instantly. I figure it has something to do with Office 365 but I'm not having any sync issues or anything like that. Honestly, I don't know what it is. Could someone more experienced then me let me know?
    Thanks,
    Zachary
    08-28-2017 12:49 PM
    I use O365 at work and home and never seen this prompt before.
    08-28-2017 01:58 PM
    You may want to go on Microsoft and change your password. The Cnet.com and us Malwarebytes and run a scan... Maybe be nothing, but you can't be too safe.
    08-28-2017 03:25 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Strange Account Sign-In.PNG 
Views:	4 
Size:	41.8 KB 
ID:	137137
    Good morning,
    I've been having this pop up for about a week and a half on my Surface Pro 4. If I clear it, it just pops back up five seconds later. If I type in my Microsoft Account password, it just vanishes then reappears almost instantly. I figure it has something to do with Office 365 but I'm not having any sync issues or anything like that. Honestly, I don't know what it is. Could someone more experienced then me let me know?
    Thanks,
    Zachary
    Looks like Outlook prompt to me.
    08-30-2017 09:12 AM
    You may want to go on Microsoft and change your password. The Cnet.com and us Malwarebytes and run a scan... Maybe be nothing, but you can't be too safe.
    Before anything I would follow ClintRo's advice and do whatever scans possible to be confident this is a legitimate com surrogate window. Com surrogate is another name for dllhost which is sometimes spoofed in Trojan/virus attacks.

Having said that: Do you use two-factor verification for your Microsoft Account? If so, you need to enter an app password in the password field. When you don't enter the right password it doesn't prompt you. It just disappears and comes back again as you described.

Info on app passwords and Microsoft two-step authentication:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...p-verification
    08-30-2017 01:51 PM
    Before anything I would follow ClintRo's advice and do whatever scans possible to be confident this is a legitimate com surrogate window. Com surrogate is another name for dllhost which is sometimes spoofed in Trojan/virus attacks.

Having said that: Do you use two-factor verification for your Microsoft Account? If so, you need to enter an app password in the password field. When you don't enter the right password it doesn't prompt you. It just disappears and comes back again as you described.

Info on app passwords and Microsoft two-step authentication:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...p-verification
    I do use two-factor authentication, of course. I'll run my scans to make sure then I'll go fetch an app password. Thanks for the help guys.
    09-08-2017 02:15 PM