I got some of those nice, artistic plastic decals you can stick to the back of your surface pro to keep them from getting scratched, however I'm worried that that will interfere with the heat transfer (cooling itself). What are people's thoughts about this?

What's the best way to "mechanically" use it in tablet mode (say in the bed, reading, or on the couch). If I pull off the magnetic keyboard, it's not very grippy.
    09-05-2017 11:08 AM
    I believe the decals will effect its cooling, but not a huge amount. I'm sure at least one person on this forum will completely disagree with me, so you have at least two views probably.

When I have the type cover removed, I'm either holding it in my hands (I don't find it slippery at all), or I have the kickstand out and sitting in my lap or on a table. The kickstand folds back far enough that you can also use it when holding it too. I find it very flexible and haven't had a situation thus far that I felt I was in danger of it dropping or slipping off my lap.
    09-05-2017 05:51 PM
    funny thing is most of the heat a feel is on the lower back under the kickstand... so decals or a skin on the upper back or kick stand won't matter much even if the body is part of the cooling system.
    09-06-2017 02:09 PM
    funny thing is most of the heat a feel is on the lower back under the kickstand... so decals or a skin on the upper back or kick stand won't matter much even if the body is part of the cooling system.
    Same... and I don't notice it getting warm when its not docked or charging, so I'm wondering if most of the heat is coming from battery charging.
    09-06-2017 03:51 PM
    Same... and I don't notice it getting warm when its not docked or charging, so I'm wondering if most of the heat is coming from battery charging.
    09-06-2017 04:50 PM
    Maybe I will try and throttle it up a little and use my laser thermometer to see how it does later tonight while I wait for the hurricane to blow through.
    09-07-2017 10:29 AM