Hi All,

I bought Surface Pro 2017 , bought few months back. With in seven days, I stamp over it without seeing it , since I kept it in the leather pouch , i didnt notice it as it matches the floor mat color.

Later few days, I saw that screen have few dead pixels, I dont know whether it is due to my stampade or defect in it. And also it has some light bleed. I got it replaced with new one.

Today, I kept the surface again in the chair, my grandpa who weigh around 64kg , sat on it for few min and then later i noticed it and took away from his seat.

I am worried, whether the device would have got some fracture on it. Any idea how to check for defect ? Do anyone come across such situations ?

I dont want to damage my 2400 USD device :(
    11-25-2017 02:14 PM
    Hi All,

I bought Surface Pro 2017 , bought few months back. With in seven days, I stamp over it without seeing it , since I kept it in the leather pouch , i didnt notice it as it matches the floor mat color.

Later few days, I saw that screen have few dead pixels, I dont know whether it is due to my stampade or defect in it. And also it has some light bleed. I got it replaced with new one.

Today, I kept the surface again in the chair, my grandpa who weigh around 64kg , sat on it for few min and then later i noticed it and took away from his seat.

I am worried, whether the device would have got some fracture on it. Any idea how to check for defect ? Do anyone come across such situations ?

I dont want to damage my 2400 USD device :(
    Erm... you need to be more careful with your device... maybe put a high visibility jacket on it .

The only way to get it thoroughly checked out is a repair centre or Microsoft store... as a Surface pro is not the easiest device to open without the proper tools and know how.
    11-26-2017 11:02 AM