Surface is a “failed” attempt to replace paper

anonius

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site
replace paper?

Satish, no one is trying to replace paper! Everyone, on the other side, many people are trying to create medium with properties similar to paper, but transferable electronically. Of course, you can scan piece of paper and send it electronically. So, what's the point at all? Let's give up at once.

But if we must go along that electronic line, let's remember that it took millenia to create present paper and pencil, and they have been undergoing constant improvements even nowadays, in era of electronic, e.g. think about Kuru toga mechanical pencil. It will take some time to create electronic equivalent of paper and pencil and it will make in the process many people, like yourself very unhappy. Exactly like traditional paper and pencil makes many people unhappy.

Let's be positive and take the best approach to new developments.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I have a fine nib in it and currently using Montblanc Midnight Blue ink.
I have a collection of fountain pens from Sheaffer, Pelican, Parker, etc. but still love my trusty Lamy 2000. It just writes perfectly.
I still have my brushed aluminum Parker with the gold clip from when I was in high school. The new gel refills are junk, the pen doesn't feel right.

anon(7929613)

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
Difficult to really say but I can tell you I rarely use my Surface Book as tablet. I also have a Note 8 and Samsung Tab S3. I can say I use the Stylus on the Note 8 often and with OneNote and then go back to my Surface Book to look at my notes in OneNote. I find use in inking but I could live without it. So wondering if Inking in general is ever going to catch on?

Do you think that stylus of Note 8 (I guess it's called S pen) offers a better writing experience? I once used it and felt it was better than Surface pen.

techiez

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Do you think that stylus of Note 8 (I guess it's called S pen) offers a better writing experience? I once used it and felt it was better than Surface pen.

S-Pen is based on WACOM tech. while surface pen is based on Ntrig, S-pen feels more natural with tilt and found it to be accurate and responsive as compared to surface pen.

Byrese

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
S-Pen is based on WACOM tech. while surface pen is based on Ntrig, S-pen feels more natural with tilt and found it to be accurate and responsive as compared to surface pen.
Ya...i have a Surface and had a note 5. I feel like the Surface is much more natural of an experience.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnwilliam9750