Hi,

Was wondering if anyone else noticed a wobbly kickstand on their surface pro 2017 device. I just bought a 2017 256 GB model today to replace my first gen surface pro. I immediately noticed a wobble on the kickstand at 0-20 and 150-160 degree angles. It's quite pronounced with movements of up to 5 mm. Anything in between the wobble is far less. At 60 degree the wobble is similar to my surface pro first gen device. On other surface pro threads the eperiences are a mixed bag, but it definitely seems common with a few users. It's not clear to me if this is a production flaw or not. When I look more closely at the hinge, it seems that a spring or bearing of some sort seems looser. It's hard to see. Curious to know experinces from others. Is this a common thing. Or is it worth going back to the store for to replace? Has anyone noticed temperature affect the hinge mechanics. Not sure, but a theory in my head as to why possibly.

Thanks.
    situ_M likes this.
    12-29-2017 11:35 AM
    I think this is normal. It gets loose before full close position before the magnet catches on and holds close to body. I've seen them all do that.
    situ_M likes this.
    12-31-2017 01:29 AM
    We have three Surfaces in my family, and they all do that. Maybe the angles change slightly, but I can confirm this to be normal for the series.
    situ_M likes this.
    12-31-2017 10:44 AM
    yes, I had that with my SP3 and SP4. I always thought it was just my unit, but I guess not. Marcin's response seems to make sense.
    situ_M likes this.
    03-09-2018 11:23 AM
    Hi,
    My new surface pro 2017 has similar wobble. After a week of use I noticed similar wobble, at 0 to 40 ° the wobble is very much visible at around 0.5 cm, at higher angles 60° or 90° it slightly wobbles. I would not say this as a issue as I think maybe it's designed that way to prevent stressing the hinges. It does not affect the usability much. In other forums I have seen users saying that they have seen the same wobble with there Surface pro 4 and 3. I hope this does not get more worse with time. Some other problems which I have seen are:-
    1. sometimes while using the on screen keyboard there is a popping sound, it does not happen while playing videos and etc.
    2.If you set the screen brightness to darkest and you are in a dark room, you will observe the brightness level
    automatically shifting up and down slightly(not flickering).
    07-22-2018 09:41 AM