Finally plunged

sporosarcina

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
I've been abusing my poor Surface 3 (Atom) for a while. It has been my workhorse device in school, used to wirelessly project lectures, ink notes, mark-up work, and work with students in lab. I've never had any issues with the device, though, yes, it would hiccup every once in a while, and crash on occasion with large inked notes. I finally decided to upgrade and looked at a number of devices. I considered the m3 SP for a while, since my needs were not high in computational terms.

Of course I worried about how effective the m3/4GB would be and did a lot of research. I like the Surface line (great BQ, lightweight, excellent support) and 2in1 devices are too heavy for all day use in my field. I was worried until I decided to run a few benchmarks on my two year old i5 ultrabook (college equipment) and my Surface 3. The i5 scored around a 2800 on PCMark 8 (Work-a), and my Surface 3 scored around a 1400. After reading Dan's review showing the m3 to be within the range of my older i5, I took the plunge. So far, I like it.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Welcome to the club! I hope that you enjoy your new Surface Pro!

I have had mine for nearly a week now and I'm loving it! I'm still amazed how quiet it is.

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
I just got a Surface Pro (2017). My SP3 started having issues. It completely dumped the WiFi and BT twice in a month. I had to do a complete reset both times.

I got the i7 256GB SSD 8GB RAM model.

nematombo15

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
My SP5 just got delivered today from the States. I got the i5 with 8GB ram. I had a SP3 since launch and even after it dropped and cracked its screen I had it for another year. I used a SP4 i5 for a bit past few weeks but I felt like the new SP was worth spendingoney on. Love how it's lighter than the SP4 and once I finish the updates I should be on a roll from tomorrow. I really missed using the pen for ages!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs