How loud is the 2017 i7 Surface Pro's fan in day-to-day use?

Drew Neilson

May 30, 2015
Visit site
How loud is the 2017 i7 Surface Pro's fan in day-to-day use? By day-to-day use, I mean casual use, as in browsing the web with Edge with a few tabs open. I'm not talking about Photoshop or video editing. I'm considering buying one of the Surface Pro tablets; I pre-ordered the Surface Pro i5 with LTE and can pick it up from my local Microsoft Store on 5/1 if I choose to do so (I don't have to pay for it until then, so I haven't officially bought it yet), but am weighing the pros and cons of going with the i7 model instead. I plan on using a Surface Pro in tablet mode for reading the news and possibly, in the future, reading e-books, and I'm wondering whether the fan noise of the i7 model will be annoying while I'm trying to read.
Reading web pages, the news, and e-books is not the only thing I will be doing with this tablet, but it is the one task during which I am concerned that fan noise will be annoying.

Al Sacco

Apr 29, 2008
Visit site
I use the Surface Pro almost daily, and the fan noise has never been an issue. Only time I ever really notice it is when I'm installing a large update or editing large files, etc. Shouldn't be an issue for you.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb