Such a shame, i really like my i5 Surface pro 5th Gen

After consulting Microsoft help yesterday it has been discovered the machine has a fault and requires a replacement, as i am out of warranty there will be a charge

£333.00 + tax, i paid £1249 for this plus the Alacantra keyboard, mouse and pen i feel heavily invested in the MS ecosystem and now feel let down.

i would expect the device to be fit for purpose and give me at least 3 years of trouble free use if taken reasonable care of it.

my issue is i cannot start the machine after a shut down unless i press the on/off button like 30 times, the windows log just flashes on for a second and then a blank screen, eventually it starts up and behaves fine.

totally let down, should have stuck with a proven PC maker, can not believe that there is not one store in the U.K i could at least take it to
    05-05-2019 05:09 AM
    Nothing, from anyone, is 100% guaranteed to last more than a year. If it does, these days, you're just lucky. You and I know this. Sure, yes, it 'should' have lasted more than one year. We have a load in work that have lasted a lot longer than that. Heck we have 4 Surface Pro devices that still work.

It happens. We do have a choice to purchase an extended warranty when buying!

Plus £333+vat isn't bad at all. It's around £650 for a Surface Book.
    05-21-2019 02:58 PM
    , yeah definitely get extended warranty when buying these kind of expensive consumer laptops or macbooks new and buy them from a shop with a good rep.
    Personally I like my Surface Pro 1 but am happy I bought it cheap refurbished. The fact that so many of these kind of devices are glued together and stuff like ssd's are soldered make it very risky without warranty.
    05-22-2019 08:36 AM